What's new

iPhone 3G reboot problem (unlocked/jailbroken)

ryim1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my iPhone 3G that is unlocked/jailbroken in version 3.1.2. I'll try to explain it as best as I can.
My phones rebooting problem is completely random and spontaneous. Yesterday night, every time I tried to make a call, send a text or even open an app (photos,safari), the phone would automatically/instantly reboot itself. My battery eventually died out and I charged it, and was able to talk on the phone 30 minutes without it rebooting.

This morning I got a call and was able to speak on the phone for 10 minutes. After, I hung up, I thought the phone was completely fine but when I got into safari and tried to go to a site, my phone reboot itself again. Just now, I didn't even touch my phone and it reboot itself again.

I haven't updated it or installed any apps for a long time. Can anyone shed some information and help me with this problem?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sounds like a restore is in order. Unfortunately this will update you to the latest iOS 4. I wouldn't advise that on a 3G. Also you will loose the ability to unlock easily. Fortunately there is an easy way round this. Download the same firmware your on now from the link below. Hold shift when choosing the restore option in iTunes then point it towards the firmware you've just downloaded.

Once the restore is done all you need to do is jailbreak again and install ultrasnow from cydia...

iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw