What's new

Supposedly jailbroken 3g now bricked, flashing logo

sunrockdragon

Reaction score
Hi there
A cell tech bricked and can't fix my supposedly unlocked and jailbroken 3g 4.2.10 (I think that version, can't access) and it is stuck on "flashing logo" mode.
Can't turn on or off. Reboots back again to flashing apple until battery dies, then again after it is plugged in.
Neither iTunes nor computer recognizes the existence of the phone when hooked up. Basically a paperweight at this point. Any advice please?
Thanks

sunrockdragon said:
Hi there
A cell tech bricked and can't fix my supposedly unlocked and jailbroken 3g 4.2.10 (I think that version, can't access) and it is stuck on "flashing logo" mode.
Can't turn on or off. Reboots back again to flashing apple until battery dies, then again after it is plugged in.
Neither iTunes nor computer recognizes the existence of the phone when hooked up. Basically a paperweight at this point. Any advice please?
Thanks

You'll have to do a factory restore on your iPhone.

You'll have to put it in DFU mode so iTunes can detect it. Here's a tutorial on DFU Mode.

DFU Mode Guide

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/

Hope this helps!

I brought it to another tech who should be knowledgable enough to know your good advice, but will pass that info along to him.
Thanks again

sunrockdragon said:
I brought it to another tech who should be knowledgable enough to know your good advice, but will pass that info along to him.
Thanks again

Your welcome! This guide is very comprehensive though. The info for
Do it yourself is there if you'd like to try it yourself. If your successful it's free, if not, then oh well you was ready to take it to someone else anyways!

I'm just trying to save you a dollar or two :)! The good thing is, it's impossible to brick an iPhone on the software end. So it wouldn't hurt to try it yourself! :)!

darkstar2007 said:
Your welcome! This guide is very comprehensive though. The info for
Do it yourself is there if you'd like to try it yourself. If your successful it's free, if not, then oh well you was ready to take it to someone else anyways!

I'm just trying to save you a dollar or two :)! The good thing is, it's impossible to brick an iPhone on the software end. So it wouldn't hurt to try it yourself! :)!

So what happen. ??

Your problem should be really easy to fix with a firmware restore , but would recommend a restore with a custom firmware from snowbreeze .I think your iphone had the ipad baseband that's why you got the apple logo, and a restore with a normall firmware will not work normally, must restore a firmware that does not update the baseband.Let me know if you was able to do it, if not I can do it for you online, just send me a PM