What's new

iPhone not connecting to Wi-Fi

TWA

Reaction score
Every iOS update to my iPhone 4S does something to all of my WIFI password settings. I don't think it is deleting them from stored memory. I think it is changing a character in that memory which has the same effect. Or is it? Even more frustrating than that, if I try to log in with the correct password for the WIFI, my iPhone will not connect. A non-upgraded iPhone sitting beside mine connects. But mine does not. My IT Director has input the PW carefully multiple times and it won't connect. It keeps asking for the correct password. He finally went online, changed the WIFI password to something else. Then changed it back to the original - exactly the same characters - and when I input the PW it worked.

Only problem is, he's out of touch today and I'm high and dry using my 3G data for everything instead of the WIFI gizmo sitting in the office next door like I'm supposed to be using.

Anyone have a clue what is up with that? It has happened on every update since 8.0.
T.W. in Wichita.

Hi, @TWA! Welcome to iPhoneForums!

I've moved your post to it's own thread, in iPhone Help forum, where it will get more attention.

Here's something you could try, if you haven't done this so far:

After updating, it's always a good idea to reset your device. This way, glitches you'd experience otherwise will be removed.
To reset your device: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.