What's new

Connecting to wi-fi

bluenose1940

Reaction score
I am having a lot of trouble trying to connect to wi-fi at the moment. If I go into my pc and enter my password to get into my sky email, it works perfectly every time. However, if I try the same procedure with my iphone, using the same password, I get a message pop up that says "unable to join the sky netwrok"
I have got the wi-fi switched on in my 'settings' on the phone, is there anything else that should be switched on? I don't want my phone to be connecting to the internet all of the time as I only have a small data allowance in my tarrif, so I think that the wi-fi connection is the one for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Last edited:
Once you connect to your home (or other wifi) for the first time and enter the correct passkey, it should automatically connect again without prompting for a password again. You should see the wifi symbol on your phone when connected. Are you doing this at home? The e-mail password shouldn't have anything to do with the wifi password. Is this a router you set up?

Hello xrayeyes, Thank you for trying to help with my problem. Yes, I was getting confused with with my email password etc. I telephoned Sky and they put me right with regard to the password that I should be using and everything is now working fine. Thanks again.