What's new

4s Wi-Fi connectivity problems

Slcbanker

Reaction score
My 4s no longer recognizes my home wifi, or any other for that matter. The genius bar guy reset my phone ( there were other problems) but he told me the loss of wifi was an equipment problem. Periodically, and inexplicably, it will connect for a few minutes or so, but it soon disappears. I know it's not a router problem cuz my iPad still connects like a champ, as does my wife's iPhone 3. My phone is out of warrant but I'm not ready to pay for a new one yet.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Did this happen spontaneously? Or did something happen to the device prior to this issue.

Spontaneously. I just noticed it one day. Thanks

Loose cable connection if it works sporadically. Tap the phone lightly on a corner, test WiFi, repeat each corner and note results. If one corner gets a signal, it's a cable issue.

My 4s no longer recognizes my home wifi, or any other for that matter. The genius bar guy reset my phone ( there were other problems) but he told me the loss of wifi was an equipment problem. Periodically, and inexplicably, it will connect for a few minutes or so, but it soon disappears. I know it's not a router problem cuz my iPad still connects like a champ, as does my wife's iPhone 3. My phone is out of warrant but I'm not ready to pay for a new one yet.

Any ideas? Thanks.

This happened to me, luckily under warranty.... Genius Bar exchanged phone for a new one and said it was a common fault with the hardware. I did get a copy of the bill, even though I didn't pay and they would have charged £160 GBP. A few months later and I would have been paying for it... Lucky.