What's new

iTunes Wi-Fi Sync

Bluering

Reaction score
My iOS 5 is running, my wifi connection is working but I can't get the iTunes Wi-Fi Sync to work, anyone got any answers?

OK, just managed to get it to work.
Itunes
Your device
Summary
Options
Sync with iphone over Wi-Fi

Cool, don't have to worry about looking for the cable anymore.

I still have a problem with Wi-Fi sync , my iphone needs to be plug in to PC and then i can use Wi-Fi sync but if i plug my phone just to wall and power it it will not work so i still need cable to do Wi-Fi sync i'm using windows 7x64

For WiFi sync to work, the PC and the iPhone MUST BE on the same subnet address of the wireless network you are connected to. IE they must be connected to the same physical router and use something like 192.168.0.X (this is an example, your address subnet can be different). Then as long as the firewall of the PC has the open ports for iTunes and the iPhone, then it should work.

I still have a problem with Wi-Fi sync , my iphone needs to be plug in to PC and then i can use Wi-Fi sync but if i plug my phone just to wall and power it it will not work so i still need cable to do Wi-Fi sync i'm using windows 7x64

If you are using a cable then you are not doing Wi-Fi, because wifi is wireless. On your phone: settings>general>iTunes Wi-Fi Sync, touch Sync Now after you had done those setting in Itunes on your computer: Your device>Summary>Options>Sync with iphone over Wi-Fi

Have the same issue as well.

If you are using a cable then you are not doing Wi-Fi, because wifi is wireless. On your phone: settings>general>iTunes Wi-Fi Sync, touch Sync Now after you had done those setting in Itunes on your computer: Your device>Summary>Options>Sync with iphone over Wi-Fi
You can still wirelessly sync when using the cable and being attached to the computer.

You will see an icon in the upper left of the display when it is wirelessly sync'ing.

i fix the problem , problem was the port was not open for Wireless Portable Devices in Windows Firewall now i can sync with just plug in to wall

Excellent. I had a feeling it might be firewall related.

Glad it was a really easy fix. One of these days programs will be better about warning users when a port they need isn't work but other parts of the internet are.

Who am I kidding. Programmers will never get that smart.

*PS. I am professional software developer. And yes, one of my programs was deployed and I didn't write a proper message for this type of failure. :)

I have 2 Wifi's at home, one is for work and one is for personal. Sometimes I try to print from the iPhone and it can't find the printer and then I know it's not on the same WiFi. I'm sure Sync will be the same.