What's new

iTunes Wi-Fi Sync

Why would they allow Window users to have that option but not Snow Leopard users? That doesn't make any sense at all. OSX Lion adaption rate is doing very well per there last quarterly report. But they still have a huge user base that hasn't updated and probably never will.

Hmmm....

I have been meaning to take my iMac in for the recall notice of the bad HD. If I can get to that this weekend and since I plan to wipe the drive clean before taking it in, I may just install SL back on it and test this out.

I am not at my iMac and I can't remote login more than once per reboot because of a HUGE bug in OSX Lion right now. And I used that up already. So I have to wait till I am home tonight to take a screen shot, so we can compare notes.

I am an iPhone newbie and have never paid much attention to iTunes before, so I have somer really basic questions about wifi sync.
1. I have looked carefully in iTunes (obviously not carefully enough) and can find no "summary" anywhere. I've looked under preferences and devices. Where exactly is that setting? Does the device have to be connected by hardwire in order to see this?
Your phone has to be hooked up or synced to iTunes to see it. Summary is the page your iTunes opens to when your phone is hooked up or synced with it. It is where the phone info is such as serial number and software version. It says "Summary" to the left of "info" and then "apps" "ringtones" and so on.

I can now for sure confirm that the "sync iPhone over Wi-Fi" aspect of iTunes is only available in OSX Lion not Snow Leopard or before.
i can sync with itunes (10.5) via wi-fi using snow leopard (10.6.8) with my 4S

however, i found this thread searching "itunes wifi" because syncing via wifi does not sync all the of the songs i added to itunes

example: i add a new album of 20 songs to itunes on my macbook pro. it adds to itunes fine. i try to sync to my iphone, but only maybe 7 or 8 of the songs will sync to the iphone, and they're random songs, too (tracks 1, 4, 5, 7, etc...) if i wait a few minutes and sync again via wifi another handful of songs will sync.

but when i connect the iphone via usb to the computer, all songs will sync perfectly

anyone else having this problem syncing via wifi?

Last edited:
Yes and no. I'm thinking that's the reason they suggest we plug our devices into the power cord so these errors will be avoided. My iPhone 4S syncs just fine without being hooked up to the power supply (as suggested), but like you, not all of my songs sync correctly. However, once I plug into the power (NOT the computer, just the regular wall outlet) ALL my songs come over just fine.

I have Snow Leopard and iTunes 10.5 and no option to sync wirelessly with my iMac. iTunes Update says this is the correct version. I can't sync wirelessly. How do you do it without Lion?
Also, how well is Lion working? I heard it was buggy. I want to be able to use iCloud.