What's new

iPhone 6 Plus Battery Replacements Delayed Until March or April Due to Supply Shortages

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone 6 Plus battery replacement delayed due to supply shortages.JPG

MacRumors reports today that an internal document that was sent to Apple Stores and Apple Authorised Service Providers and seen by MacRumors states that iPhone 6 Plus replacement batteries are in scarce supply and therefore will not be available to customers until late March/early April in the US and other territories.

It seems like the iPhone 6 Plus is the most badly affected by the stock shortage, as the document says that there is a shorter wait of around 2 weeks for replacement batteries for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s Plus, and that there is no delay for battery replacements for iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPhone SE.

Apple also said in the memo that lead times for available batteries will vary in certain territories such as the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, Russia, and Turkey.

Currently Apple is running a program where you can replace any iPhone 6 or later units for a reduced price of $29.

Image: iFixit: The Free Repair Manual

Source: Apple Delays iPhone 6 Plus Battery Replacements Until March-April Due to Limited Supply

I responded to a user in another post regarding the delay. My thoughts to those members and visitors whom are affected please be patient. The fact remains is the iPhone 6 is old technology but still a solid great phone. Waiting a couple of months or so to have a battery replaced is really not a big deal.

Interesting, both my 6s and iPad Air didn’t seem to be affected until I loaded the latest IOS last week. Guess I’ll search up the other threads to check on procedure to apply for new batteries?

Interesting, both my 6s and iPad Air didn’t seem to be affected until I loaded the latest IOS last week. Guess I’ll search up the other threads to check on procedure to apply for new batteries?

What makes you think your 6s is affected? Did you test it? You can see if your CPU is slowed down with this app.
Lirum Device Info Lite by Rogerio Hirooka
Lirum Device Info Lite on the App Store
Tap the hamburger icon in the upper left > Tap this device > Tap CPU > If the CPU actual clock equals CPU Maximum clock, then it's not slowed down.

Only the specified iPhone models iPhone 6 and newer qualify for the low price battery replacement. iPads are not included.