What's new

iphone 6 case problem

lenjack

Reaction score
I have a very nice case for my 6, I wear shorts with a dedicated phone pocket. When I sit, the phone tends to creep (fall) out of my pocket, One time it did and landed between couch cushions. Any way to increase the friction on the case to make it less likely to slide? Would roughening the back help. What about applying some
High friction material to the back?

I have a very nice case for my 6, I wear shorts with a dedicated phone pocket. When I sit, the phone tends to creep (fall) out of my pocket, One time it did and landed between couch cushions. Any way to increase the friction on the case to make it less likely to slide? Would roughening the back help. What about applying some
High friction material to the back?
A case with a grippier surface would work, as well as applying the high friction material to the back.

Too many cases out there to try, and I think my case (Caseology) is really nice. What would you apply as a high friction material?

Personally, I'd use a case like an OtterBox or one of the silicone cases by Apple. They're both quite grippy in your pocket. That would be simpler than finding and applying a non-slip material to an existing case.

I'm sure you're right, but I am sticking with my case, and need a "frictioning" material for the back,

Personally, I'd use a case like an OtterBox or one of the silicone cases by Apple. They're both quite grippy in your pocket. That would be simpler than finding and applying a non-slip material to an existing case.
how about some Velcro tape?

how about some Velcro tape?
Depending on what material the pockets are made of, Velcro will grip very tightly, making it very difficult to deliberately remove the phone from your pocket in addition to making it impossible for it to accidentally fall out.

I'm thinking of friction tape. Also wondering about roughening the case material.

Which of the Otterbox cases would you recommend? Don't want to spend big here.

Which of the Otterbox cases would you recommend? Don't want to spend big here.
That depends on how you use your iPhone. The Defender offers the most protection, at the cost of a bulkier case. The Symmetry and Commuter cases offer a little less protection but with a much slimmer case. You're looking at at least $50.00 or more for the cheapest model.

A couple of strips of friction tape worked really well.
I live in the UK so I don't know what friction tape is.
Can you post a photo showing how you used it?

Friction tape. you may need to ask for it, but most stores have it.