What's new

Very specific case demands

Jimi-James

Reaction score
Hello, iPhone forum. I need some help shopping for a case and since there's no super complex search engine, I'll have to consult a forum.

I'm switching from Android to the iPhone 6 Plus, and I've been researching and making sure I can have everything I need that I had on Android. I'm having trouble finding a few things. I need a case that:
1. makes my phone bulkier. Yes, bulkier. Specifically, more depth. I've learned the hard way that modern smartphones are way too thin to hold onto properly or comfortably (at least not with my huge hands), and getting an extended battery that doubled the thickness of my Galaxy S3 was like night and day.
2. provides or is compatible with an extended battery. You probably saw this one coming.
3. protects my phone really well, like an Otterbox or Urban Armor Gear case would.
4. has some sort of hard-material volume control flap, or exposes the volume buttons but is so thick that said buttons won't be accidentally pressed. I'm weird, because I wish phones did not have physical volume buttons. The pain of accidentally bumping them in my pocket vastly outweighs the convenience of having them at all, and when you have predictable sound profiles to switch between like me, you never even use those buttons anyway. So, since iOS apparently has no way to disable volume buttons with a toggle, I want some sort of reliable way to physically block those buttons off from the outside world.

I'm willing to do any sort of home-modding that I'd need to to make this happen, but keep in mind I've never modded a case before and probably won't know what I'm doing.

EDIT: OK, well, I was trying to find out why it's so hard to find extended batteries for the 6 Plus, and then I found out it actually has amazing battery life on its own. So, this just became a much easier decision. I can probably just get a bulky Otterbox. Thread solved.

Last edited:
Go to settings and then sound and you can choose change volume with buttons. Inbox that and you can't change ringtone volume or notification any more with buttons.
Hope that helps some.

Sent using Tapatalk

Go to settings and then sound and you can choose change volume with buttons. Inbox that and you can't change ringtone volume or notification any more with buttons.
Hope that helps some.

Sent using Tapatalk

Just to give a graphic representation:

27765ddab385e72dec226e4ba3492f08.jpg

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk