What's new

iPhone 5C with wifi/connectivity/clock/general life issues :(

jehunt

Reaction score
I think I am flogging a dead horse here, but it's maybe worth a shot.

I have an iPhone 5C, it's had it's screen replaced so firstly, Apple won't touch it. Since the last update, it drops out of wifi all the time, it can't pick up a signal, and the clock keeps resetting back to 00:00 if I am not using the phone for a while. Sooooo it's kind of a brick at present. I've reverted it back to a lower iOS but that doesn't seem to be the problem, as well as restoring and resetting a whole bunch of times. Any ideas?! Is is possible that a replacement antenna might do the trick?? I don't wanna spend too much money attempting replaments parts and repairs etc if it won't work, I just don't know enough about what might be causing all these issues haha.

Thanks in advance!

Was your replacement screen an OEM?
Cheap replacement screens for example from a site like Ebay can cause problems.

Was your replacement screen an OEM?
Cheap replacement screens for example from a site like Ebay can cause problems.
I'm not too sure.. I bought it second hand but it worked fine for a while until I updated and then all hell broke loose haha

You said Apple won't touch it? Have you asked them?

Why don't you get them to run a diagnostics. That way you will know whats wrong and the cost of putting it right.

You said Apple won't touch it? Have you asked them?

Why don't you get them to run a diagnostics. That way you will know whats wrong and the cost of putting it right.
When I went in because the screen had been replaced they basically said they couldn't help me past the obvious restore etc etc. I didn't realise such a thing was possible! is it possible for anyone to do that, or just the Apple staff? Thank you!!

I would have thought they would have with a view to repairing it.

What about trying a reputable independent repairer?