What's new

Weird Wifi issue

jae83

Reaction score
I having a issue with both my IPhone 4S and IPad (3rdgen) if I turn the iPad or iPhone off and then turn it on when it goes to the lock screen the wifi icon doesn't appear I have tried waiting but the only way to get it to connect is to type my pin code once I've done this am connected. I've tried soft reset and after the wifi icon won't come on the lock screen either. I have also tried reseting network connections and it doesn't work either. I believe this issue started after I updated to IOS 7.0.6 on both Iphone and iPad.

I am starting to think that maybe it's a bug.

Had anyone with IOS 7.0.6 had this issue?

Thanks

Nope, not experiencing this and have not read of any others reporting it. Did you check google to see if anyone else is reporting this? If it were a bug I am guesing others would be commenting on the internet. gl

Nope, not experiencing this and have not read of any others reporting it. Did you check google to see if anyone else is reporting this? If it were a bug I am guesing others would be commenting on the internet. gl

I have tried to put it in google but can't find any info matching to my issue. I am hoping when the 7.1 update comes out it resolves this. It's really weird because it's both iPad and iPhone with the same issue.

I have seen this on my iP 5. It's happened several times when opening up my phone. When I push the home button, the first thing I see in my status bar is LTE rather than the wifi icon. As soon as it opens, the wifi icon shows. I assumed this was normal, but knew I hadn't noticed it before. I don't recall when I first noticed it. It may have rode in with iOS 8. I don't know. I just tried to reproduce it, but it didn't happen. There's been several odd things since iOS 8. Like my email address showing on sent iMessages. Never happened before iOS 8.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

I have seen this on my iP 5. It's happened several times when opening up my phone. When I push the home button, the first thing I see in my status bar is LTE rather than the wifi icon. As soon as it opens, the wifi icon shows. I assumed this was normal, but knew I hadn't noticed it before. I don't recall when I first noticed it. It may have rode in with iOS 8. I don't know. I just tried to reproduce it, but it didn't happen. There's been several odd things since iOS 8. Like my email address showing on sent iMessages. Never happened before iOS 8.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
When an iPhone on WiFi but not plugged into a charger goes to sleep, the WiFi connection shuts down to save battery power. When you wake the phone up, it can sometimes take a few seconds to re establish the WiFi connection, letting you see the LTE icon before the WiFi connection becomes active.

I only notice this occasionally with my own iPhone.