What's new

iPhone 5 To Ship in September

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-iphone4-1.jpg

Reuters has a newsflash this morning which is pretty emphatic with its assertion that the new iPhone 5 will be shipping in September, with Apple to start production of the new handset in July/August. Reuters says that this information comes from “three people with direct knowledge of the company’s supply chain.” This differs slightly from reports earlier in the week that also mentioned September, but only as a possible start date for the iPhone 5’s manufacture, which would have meant it shipping probably around November or December.

The Reuters report says that the new iPhone will look very similar to the iPhone 4, but will have a faster processor. Again, this backs up various snippets of information that have been leaking out from Apple’s supply chain over the past few weeks. Interestingly though, Reuters does not mention the A5 chip by name, instead simply referring to a “faster processor.” Apple has recently used the A5 chip in the iPad 2, so the general assumption has been that the next iPhone will also have the A5. Reuters does, however, name names as far as suppliers are concerned, stating that companies making parts for the iPhone 5 include “camera module maker Largan Precision Co Ltd, touchscreen panel maker Wintek Corp and case maker Foxconn Technology.”

Source: UPDATE 2-Apple to ship new iPhone in Sept - sources | Reuters

apple mixing up the release date so every one doe snot always know when there will be a new iphone.

Is it going 2 b 4G or 4GS......I hear that is not......anyone else hear that....

How much faster can the iPhone 4 get?

well for one thing it will have an A5 chip.. so pretty much faster maybe even enough to be able to officially have animated wallpapers and the battery not drain so quickly even..

we will see. but there is always a lot they can do to improve and keep up with competition.

Unleashed said:
well for one thing it will have an A5 chip.. so pretty much faster maybe even enough to be able to officially have animated wallpapers and the battery not drain so quickly even..

we will see. but there is always a lot they can do to improve and keep up with competition.

Haven't thought about animated wallpaper. That would be so cool :)

Is the picture of an iPhone in the first post an iPhone5??? It looks like iPhone4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personly I think the only reason it's delayed is because of the white iPhone 4...

Personly I think the only reason it's delayed is because of the white iPhone 4...

last year they had the same problem with the 3gs and iphone 3 and the phone after that never had a delay, the only difference was that when you went to store that had the iphone all you could find was white ones close to the wwdc of those years lol..

i thought it was because of apple getting parts from japan..