What's new

iPhone 5 sooner or later....

clause007

Reaction score
Ok so we all know the iphone 5 was actually the iphone 4s... So are we expecting the iphone 5 by Christmas...??? Oris it sensiable to think that the next Apple WWDC in June 2012 will be the release date.

Someone I know also said the iphone 6 will be out in September 2012...???

Let me know your views and pass me the facts...

I'll go with next year. Maybe Iphone 5 will be in 3D. One can only dream of Apple's plans.

I wouldn't put any money on the next iPhone having 3D. 3D is just a gimmick in a phone. The next improvement should be 4G LTE compatibility. Verizon currently has an LTE network and Sprint has Just announced that it is going to be launching its LTE network in mid 2012. ATT should also be moving to LTE as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

So what about the iphone 5 release... we going with June 2012, or do with think it will follow the 3 series and go 4GS first...

Why don't we all just enjoy the iPhone 4s first! Blimey!
4S only offered a few new things. We needed faster Internet and we didn't get it. So I'm impatient that iPad 3 folks have 4G LTE and we don't. I love Siri and use her daily - mostly for dictation of emails and texts and appointment creation. But I need faster net. And a little larger screen.

AT&T has 4g speeds on the 4s with the new 5.1 update... So how did we not get faster speeds? Verizon and sprint suck.. You can't swap phones by just inserting a sim na na lol

The 4S has "limited" 4G. It is NOT the same LTE implementation as the new iPad. Not from what I've read. If 5.1 changed any of that can you point me to a source to verify that claim? Cell speed in your phone is a function of hardware not software as I understand it. So an iOS update wouldn't give you a faster data speed.

Last edited:
The 4S has "limited" 4G. It is NOT the same LTE implementation as the new iPad. Not from what I've read. If 5.1 changed any of that can you point me to a source to verify that claim? Cell speed in your phone is a function of hardware not software as I understand it. So an iOS update wouldn't give you a faster data speed.

The iPhone 4S does not have 4G in any form. HSPA+ on ATT's network is not 4G. They may call it 4G but it is only a supercharged 3g network. At most HSPA+ is 3.5G.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ok, lets all try to use FACTUAL information please. It is bad enough that AT&T is abusing the 4G moniker. It doesn't help when you guys repeat things that are simply not true.

LTE = Long Term Evolution. LTE is part of the 3G Partnership Program specification.

4G = NOTHING but a marketing gimmick. You will sometimes see 4G-LTE in print because sheeples have a hard time understanding that LTE comes after 3G.

Now AT&T got Apple to put 4G on the iPhone 4S under iOS 5.1 because AT&T is marketing HSPA+, which is NOT even CLOSE to LTE speeds, as 4G currently. It is, simply put, a LIE to confuse consumers because Verizon actually has LTE in 200+ cities vs AT&Ts 20+ cities.

So lets make this perfectly clear:

1) iPhone 4S does NOT HAVE LTE nor does it have 4G-LTE speeds.

2) The reason the iPhone DOESN'T have LTE is because there were NO chip makers able to produce LTE/3G chips in the form factor Apple needed until Dec 2011.

3) Verizon doesn't resort to lies like AT&T to sell cell phone service.

Last edited:
Ok, lets all try to use FACTUAL information please. It is bad enough that AT&T is abusing the 4G moniker. It doesn't help when you guys repeat things that are simply not true.

LTE = Long Term Evolution. LTE is part of the 3G Partnership Program specification.

4G = NOTHING but a marketing gimmick. You will sometimes see 4G-LTE in print because sheeples have a hard time understanding that LTE comes after 3G.

Now AT&T got Apple to put 4G on the iPhone 4S under iOS 5.1 because AT&T is marketing HSPA+, which is NOT even CLOSE to LTE speeds, as 4G currently. It is, simply put, a LIE to confuse consumers because Verizon actually has LTE in 200+ cities vs AT&Ts 20+ cities.

So lets make this perfectly clear:

1) iPhone 4S does NOT HAVE LTE nor does it have 4G-LTE speeds.

2) The reason the iPhone DOESN'T have LTE is because there were NO chip makers able to produce LTE/3G chips in the form factor Apple needed until Dec 2011.

3) Verizon doesn't restore to lies like AT&T to sell cell phone service.
Thanks for making it crystal clear Skull though the misspelling in your last sentence there is a bit confusing (restore/resort).. Lol! What I knew for 100% sure is that the new iPad 3 has something faster (when you buy it with 4G) that the 4S does not offer us yet. The 4G versus LTE nonsense is highly confusing and in the end doesn't really make all that much difference in the discussion if we agree that there is a generation past 3G speed that AT&T only currently has "half a version of" (like you said 3.5 G) on the 4S, but they DO have a FULL version of on the iPad 3 only in a few cities (20+) if you're with AT&T and more cities if you're Verizon.

What is important to understand is that no iPhone at this point has that speed but that the iPad 3 has the greater speed. Because it has the post Dec'11 chipset.

Do I err in that statement?

Last edited:
Thanks for making it crystal clear Skull though the misspelling in your last sentence there is a bit confusing (restore/resort).. Lol! What I knew for 100% sure is that the new iPad 3 has something faster (when you buy it with 4G) that the 4S does not offer us yet. The 4G versus LTE nonsense is highly confusing and I the end doesn't really make all the much difference in the discussion if we agree that there is a generation past 3G speed that AT&T only currently has "half a version of" (like you said 3.5 G) on the 4S, A FULL version of on the iPad 3 only in a few cities if you're with AT&T and more cities if you're Verizon.

What is important to understand is that no iPhone at this point has that speed and iPad 3 has the greater speed. Do I err in that statement?

Fixed the auto-corrected word ;)

Your last statement is technically correct BUT it is only correct under certain conditions. IE the iPad 3 will auto fall back to 3G data speeds if LTE is not available. And considering Verizon only has 200+ cities and AT&T only has 20+ cities, that means a heck of a lot of people aren't using the iPad (3rd Gen) on LTE.