What's new

Is Apple Set to Launch the iPhone 5 at WWDC in June?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
4873-wwdc.JPG

Boy Genius Report has news today of a story on DigiTimes, which in turn sourced the story from Chinese-language newspaper Commercial Times, which said that Apple plans to announce the iPhone 5 at its annual Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) in June. MacRumors, also covering the story, notes that Apple has yet to announce the dates for this year’s WWDC, although June 10-15 has already been leaked by an unofficial source. The information apparently came from a Daiwa Securities analyst, and if it proves to be accurate it will mean that after breaking with recent tradition with last year’s October launch of the iPhone 4S, Apple is now getting back on track to its previous summertime launch schedule. The report did not have much more information about the next iPhone other than the possible launch at WWDC, aside from saying that it will have glass-to-glass touch panel technology supplied by TPK Holding and Wintek. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Apple to unveil iPhone 5 at WWDC in June, report claims[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Analyst Expects iPhone 5 to Launch at WWDC 2012 in June - Mac Rumors[/FONT]

I hope so! but I would be surprised if we see a new device before the 4S has been released for a year

it will looks the same so i dont care lol :) still love my 4s factory unlocked ...

Best way to buy the iphone. For me its Factory unlocked or nothing at all..

But this year Is to be the redesign of the iphone

Just wonder the iphone 5 will it be same size ? Hope iOS 6 will bring more feature.

Just wonder the iphone 5 will it be same size ? Hope iOS 6 will bring more feature.

we all know 100% that ios 6.0 will bring new features.. its just a matter of what and same size? who knows we will just have to wait and see

i bought 64gb factory unlocked for 930 at apple.com theres no way im buying another one,

lol 930? I got mine for 600 but its the 4 not 4S... next year it will be 700 for the 64GB model that I will pay

so your never going to upgrade phones again? its not like the iphone will ever get worse but I would not keep mine for more then 2 iphone upgrades.

I don't think we will see a new phone in June, it is way too early. I think that based on apples past the next update would need to be a significant one. Perhaps a larger screen. It would be great for users and developers if apple increased the screen res for the iphone to 1024 x 768 to match the current iPads, this would open up all the ipad apps for use on the phone and standardise res for developers, meaning developing universal apps would be much easier. I think with a retina screen the phone would only be a little bit wider and taller but I think that the extra res would make the device a lot more usable in a mobile environment.

Screen size is one of the biggest pull factors for other smartphones with users at the moment, even if Apples retina displays have more res.

NOO!Not so fast!!!if so fast my new iphone4s will just be wasted

I doubt apple will release a phone less then a year after the previous release.. the iphone 4 to 4S was a year and a half so from all the iphones that where released where after a major firmware release.. ie iphone 3G was released a few weeks after ios 2.0 and 3GS was after ios 3.0 and so on... so we can predict that it will be the same for ios 6 and the next device.. and atm we don't even have ios 5.1 so we have along time to go yet

Unleashed said:
I doubt apple will release a phone less then a year after the previous release.. the iphone 4 to 4S was a year and a half so from all the iphones that where released where after a major firmware release.. ie iphone 3G was released a few weeks after ios 2.0 and 3GS was after ios 3.0 and so on... so we can predict that it will be the same for ios 6 and the next device.. and atm we don't even have ios 5.1 so we have along time to go yet

Yeah thx

Why would it be wasted? I know several people who buy a new iPhone outright every year. They sell the previous year's model JB & Unlocked (if available) and that amounts to roughly 3/4 of what the new one will cost them. That doesn't necessarily mean you need to go out and buy one every year.

Why would it be wasted? I know several people who buy a new iPhone outright every year. They sell the previous year's model JB & Unlocked (if available) and that amounts to roughly 3/4 of what the new one will cost them. That doesn't necessarily mean you need to go out and buy one every year.

I only just got my 4S at Xmas time and I will definitely be selling it and buying the next iPhone when it comes out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk