What's new

iPhone 5 LIFEPROOF TESTED IN AQUARIUM

iphonedreamer

Reaction score
I want to purchase the LIFEPROOF case, but I am nervous with all of the negative feedback. Someone on YouTube put their iPhone 5 inside a fish tank with one on, and it didn't malfunction. Can you really do this??? I want to take some footage with my iPhone 5 when I go scuba diving.

Last edited by a moderator:
That case is only rated to 2 meters for 30 minutes. Basically if you took it scuba diving your fins would barely get 6 kicks before the case seals would fail.

I was just going to take some quick shots of some stingrays. I can't believe that guy put a new iPhone 5 in water like that.

IMO, if one could afford a Lifeproof case, then one could afford buying a DryPak case for snapping pics while diving. I use the DryPak case religously when travelling to and from work. For me it's a great investment as travelling by boat we tend to get wet every once in a while.

Yes you can put your phone underwater but as skull said it is not long or deep. A better option would be a waterproof digital camera but those are also limited in how deep they can go. The best option is something like sealife's line of dive cameras. You can take them at least to the depths of a recreational diver. I have an older one and it works great. You do need a flash for deep water though.