What's new

Lifeproof for iPhone 5 Availability....

Are you holding out for Lifeproof?

• Trying your best to hold out for Lifeproof... LOL!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone had success ordering the LifeProof case for the iPhone 5?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had success ordering the LifeProof case for the iPhone 5?

Yep mine is on the way according to ups it should be here Tuesday. I was put on the mailing list and has a designated day to order .I don't think orders are ready to go for everyone yet. Honestly their supply is still limited.

Not happy with my case I'm sending it back. Between the sound downgrade and me not being able to end calls with this screen protector on. Also my auto brightness is fubar since this case went on. Anyone know of a case that protects the camera lense

Not happy with my case I'm sending it back. Between the sound downgrade and me not being able to end calls with this screen protector on. Also my auto brightness is fubar since this case went on. Anyone know of a case that protects the camera lense

Update: apparently lifeproof redesigned their iPhone 5 case and I got one from the batch that wasn't corrected. Apparently the new designed cases fixes sound issues and touch screen issues around other stuff. For 89.99 sound have been fixed out the gate but ill give a replacement a shot if its no good it's refund time.

I ordered mine from best buy the day begining of November. Came in that week. I'll never buy another Lifeproof product again. Pure garbage. I guess all their "testing" was a huge joke because they didn't see that call quality and touch screen use were poor.

They had all that time to make a case and that is the best they could come up with.

I ordered mine from best buy the day begining of November. Came in that week. I'll never buy another Lifeproof product again. Pure garbage. I guess all their "testing" was a huge joke because they didn't see that call quality and touch screen use were poor.

They had all that time to make a case and that is the best they could come up with.
For all our members out there... what issues would you say you've had w/ "call quality" and "touch screen use?"

I just joined this site so I can make a comment. I've had an iphone for years but just got the life proof case for my iphone 5 a couple days ago. This is my first life proof case.

The touch screen is horrible. The gap between the case and the phone makes it very awkward to use. Mostly at the very top and the very bottom. It's fine in the center. I will case the case a chance and hope I get use to it. But I doubt I will.

I actually have not talked on the phone yet. I will do some talk tests and report back.

Otherwise, the case is exactly what I expected. I did not expect the touch screen difficulty and am very dissapointed in that.

The air pocket makes the touchscreen tough to use. All calls sound muffled. I always got this high pitched tone during calls. The o-rings don't fit well, especially at the USB port door. The speakers on the phone are also muffled making the phone quieter even with the volume set to high.

Also the cost is ridiculous. I was charged $79.99 for it. This case is far from worth that price. I returned it and got the Otterbox commuter case and a screen protector for a little less than half the cost of the Lifeproof. No issues with calls, sound, touchscreen, etc.

There are two many issues with this case. I need water resistance and shock protection. This case is just too inadequate against shock. So it looks like I'll wait for the tiktak. Good luck to you all who actually get and keep the lifeproof

petraidm said:
There are two many issues with this case. I need water resistance and shock protection. This case is just too inadequate against shock. So it looks like I'll wait for the tiktak. Good luck to you all who actually get and keep the lifeproof

What issues have you had w/ it not protecting against shock? Just like having as much I for from both sides... so our members can make an educated decision when purchasing this case.

Hooterville said:
Version 3 of the Lifeproof Fre case is out. Look for my post on the Macrumors forum for the pictures.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1480961&page=18

The case has been out for just over a month and they already made 2 design changes. What a POS. don't know which one I got, but it was preordered on best buy.com. They let the hype build and claimed they were testing and researching the case to make it the best ever.

The case has been out for just over a month and they already made 2 design changes. What a POS. don't know which one I got, but it was preordered on best buy.com. They let the hype build and claimed they were testing and researching the case to make it the best ever.

I would have to agree with you, I had both V 1 and V2 and both were riddled with problems. So I have no desire to try V3. It is really crappy when you use the $80 a pop public as your testing and quality control departments

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner