What's new

Lifeproof for iPhone 5 Availability....

Are you holding out for Lifeproof?

• Trying your best to hold out for Lifeproof... LOL!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even after arguing for the case, I really cannot stand this case now. The rainbow effect takes up 1/3rd of the screen, and the LifeProof support rep said there's no permanent solution. The muffled sound that didn't seem to be an issue now plagues me daily, where I cannot use speakerphone. Comparing the screen in and out of the case is night and day; I can see so much more without the case, as far as color, and less glare.

Rep tried to talk me into version 2, but I'm now waiting for refund details.

If I worried about water 24/7, the trade offs would be worth it, but I don't so they're not.

They definitely improved the case I can end calls now. Sound vibration is only present on high tones when volume is all the way up. I will likely never do business with lifeproof again. I actually think this case would be better without the novelty of waterproofing. Take this screen protector off and the corkscrew for the headphone jack and it would be better.

Ok both lifeproof sent back I'm sticking with the incipico case I got day one covers the entire phone with the screen protected there's virtually no bulk I'm pretty careful.

I used Otter for iPhone 4. It does its job but was bulky and gets old very easily. Lifeproof also seem bulky for the front pocket. What are the options for a sleek and elegant case? Mujjo, Boobkbook, or Davarg?

Davarg came out on top on a review in minimally minimal but has anyone used any of them yet?
$Landing-Page-images-A1.jpg

Droidrage729 said:
Ok both lifeproof sent back I'm sticking with the incipico case I got day one covers the entire phone with the screen protected there's virtually no bulk I'm pretty careful.

I am curious what was the final points that made you send them back. You sounded like you kinda liked them for a little bit.

I am curious what was the final points that made you send them back. You sounded like you kinda liked them for a little bit.
I love the level of protection the lifeproof case provides but it's a give and take and comes with a sacrifice. The sound quality is greatly diminished I need it all the way up just to hear it its muffled and when it's on full volume the case vibrates and is inaudible. Without the novelty of being water proof the case would be better. I just can't sarafice that much sound quality. If you need waterproof lifeproof is for you it's just doesn't fit my needs.

I'd love to see good pictures of people's iPhones in them? Real life pictures are better than on the developer website. I want real time :)

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Has anyone that got the iPhone 5 Lifeproof case had the Lifeproof on a 4 or 4s? If so what is the quality difference?

zstairlessone said:
Has anyone that got the iPhone 5 Lifeproof case had the Lifeproof on a 4 or 4s? If so what is the quality difference?

I would be interested in that. I had replaced both mine and my wife's lifeproof cases already under warranty. Trying to decide whether to use the NIB replacement or try to sell them and something different.

I have had my lifeproof Fre case on for 3 days. the sound is not all that great on speaker or through the earpiece, the proimity sensor occasionally works. but all in all for the durability of the case and protection it provides in such a small case as opposed to the otterbox outweighs those porblems.
i most likely will use it during the week while i work and remove it on the weekend

I have had my lifeproof Fre case on for 3 days. the sound is not all that great on speaker or through the earpiece, the proimity sensor occasionally works. but all in all for the durability of the case and protection it provides in such a small case as opposed to the otterbox outweighs those porblems.
i most likely will use it during the week while i work and remove it on the weekend

Let's see if you are saying this after you drop it a few times ... Two iPhone 4S destroyed in life proofs from moderate drops and the iPhone 5 case provides even less protection

Let's see if you are saying this after you drop it a few times ... Two iPhone 4S destroyed in life proofs from moderate drops and the iPhone 5 case provides even less protection

Well i hope your misfortune will not be mine as well.

You Know I bought the lifeproof for the iPhone 4 but I find it very delicate you can take that case on or off cuz its got the seals and everything and you dont want to wear and tear I bought the outter box defender for the 5 also lifeproof
you cant dock it...and aslo i dont plan to swim with it even tho that lifeproof is waterproof or resistent I would not even take the chance even tho you can test it before putting the case on your phone.