What's new

iPhone 5 jailbreak

RudyL90

Reaction score
Just wondering... If the iPhone 5 or whatever it is called comes out, it will of course have the A5 chip.
Will it be jailbreakable? I have heard a few things about the requirement of the bootrom being dumped...
I haven't heard about it being dumped yet. You? Any news?

There would have to be an iPhone 5 released first before anyone can answer that question.

i hope they do because i am going after it when it comes out.....

I think I'll buy it when the jailbreak is out. Have waited for too long with the iPad 2. :p

It might take a sec, but it will always be able to be jailbroken. Never been one that hasn't!

It's a computer. lol

OJsakila said:
It might take a sec, but it will always be able to be jailbroken. Never been one that hasn't!

It's a computer. lol

"it might take a sec"... Since when is three months a second? :p

OJsakila said:

It's a computer. lol

"it might take a sec"... Since when is three months a second? :p

What's your point? Three months isn't a second? Well, congrads. It's not. But it's still jailbroken, and always will be.

Your orginal post doesnt say anything about inside 3 months or when it will happen...it just asks if the phone will be "jailbreakable." It will be.

What's the problem? ...lol

Last edited:
We need to have faith in our geeks of these days.. I'm still yet to hear of any piece of technology that hasn't been altered, cracked, hacked or what ever it might be.. Where there is a will there is a way.. It will be jailbroken.. When or how long it will take is the only true question here... ;-)

We need to have faith in our geeks of these days.. I'm still yet to hear of any piece of technology that hasn't been altered, cracked, hacked or what ever it might be.. Where there is a will there is a way.. It will be jailbroken.. When or how long it will take is the only true question here... ;-)

PGP when used properly has never been altered, cracked or hacked.

You found ONE SINGLE THING, "when used properly", that hasn't been hacked, (not "can't be)?" Just for the record, if everything was "used properly" nothing would be hacked. Hacking, by it's very definition, is using something improperly... lol... Good try at disagreeing just to be disagreeable!

if it's on a computer, it can be hacked. Only the ill-informed would argue the point.

You found ONE SINGLE THING, "when used properly", that hasn't been hacked, (not "can't be)?" Just for the record, if everything was "used properly" nothing would be hacked. Hacking, by it's very definition, is using something improperly... lol... Good try at disagreeing just to be disagreeable!

if it's on a computer, it can be hacked. Only the ill-informed would argue the point.

My response was simply to point out that your statement was not an absolute. No more, no less. But since you decided to play the "ill-informed card", I will help you understand how ill-informed you are.

By the way I could name several things, if I was allowed, since I am former DoD (USAF '85 to '89). But since I can't speak about them, you will simply say "Say them or I call BS" and then you will also argue your very incorrect point of since it is a computer it can be hacked.

So let me give you a more proper argument for your statement since I happen to have 28 years of background on this particular subject matter.

Any time the Lock (code), Key (password/passkey) and Door (hardware) are present at the same exact moment in time and is reproducible every single time, then the system can be hacked given enough time, money and equipment.

This is the very first tenet I was taught to back in my Crypto training in 1986. The second thing I was taught is the human element is the single weakest link to protecting an encrypted system.

The reason that PGP hasn't been hacked is because the Key is not 100% there to allow a hack to occur. And yes I am simplifying this for the masses.

Also you are talking about consumer grade code and hardware. Which is why I mentioned PGP right off the bat because that is a consumer grade product.

But if we go beyond consumer grade, there are Banking systems, ATM systems, DoD systems, Nuclear power plant systems that have never been hacked. There are also encrypted sat-phones that haven't been hacked.

So your original statement, as stated, is very incorrect. My first response proved that. I hope this response clears up any misconceptions you had prior to this discussion.

Oh and as a side note, PGP can not be hacked. Only the keys used can be compromised.

Skull One said:
My response was simply to point out that your statement was not an absolute. No more, no less. But since you decided to play the "ill-informed card", I will help you understand how ill-informed you are.

By the way I could name several things, if I was allowed, since I am former DoD (USAF '85 to '89). But since I can't speak about them, you will simply say "Say them or I call BS" and then you will also argue your very incorrect point of since it is a computer it can be hacked.

So let me give you a more proper argument for your statement since I happen to have 28 years of background on this particular subject matter.

Any time the Lock (code), Key (password/passkey) and Door (hardware) are present at the same exact moment in time and is reproducible every single time, then the system can be hacked given enough time, money and equipment.

This is the very first tenet I was taught to back in my Crypto training in 1986. The second thing I was taught is the human element is the single weakest link to protecting an encrypted system.

The reason that PGP hasn't been hacked is because the Key is not 100% there to allow a hack to occur. And yes I am simplifying this for the masses.

Also you are talking about consumer grade code and hardware. Which is why I mentioned PGP right off the bat because that is a consumer grade product.

But if we go beyond consumer grade, there are Banking systems, ATM systems, DoD systems, Nuclear power plant systems that have never been hacked. There are also encrypted sat-phones that haven't been hacked.

So your original statement, as stated, is very incorrect. My first response proved that. I hope this response clears up any misconceptions you had prior to this discussion.

Oh and as a side note, PGP can not be hacked. Only the keys used can be compromised.

Bravo SkullOne! This is an amazingly true post. Not too many people realize this reality, but it's 100% accurate. It's very clear you know your stuff. :)! This is the reality of hacking. Not what you see in the movies, but this. Thank you for the informative contribution!

darkstar2007 said:
Bravo SkullOne! This is an amazingly true post. Not too many people realize this reality, but it's 100% accurate. It's very clear you know your stuff. :)! This is the reality of hacking. Not what you see in the movies, but this. Thank you for the informative contribution!

+1....