What's new

IPhone 4S update

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuned_nismo

Reaction score
Yesterday, iOS hacker – pod2G had reported that his untethered jailbreak that worked on*iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G, iPod touch 3G and Apple TV*running on iOS 5 or iOS 5.0.1, didn’t work with iPhone 4S.

He had mentioned that he was having processor caching issues.*He has just provided another update on the iPhone 4S jailbreak, in which he has revealed that he has made progress on the*iPhone 4S jailbreak.

He writes:

OK, figured it out, the A5 cache is not a problem anymore.
I sorted it out by doing the untether in a single thread and by flushing all the dcache then all the icache in a row at a strategical point of the process.

It took me like a hundred of tests to find the key. Hard for the nerves.

For the tech guys, here is a link explaining issues related to self modifying code ( or code patching ) on the ARM platform : Caches and Self-Modifying Code - ARM Community

Another news : I discussed with @saurik today about the launchd boot process, and he’s found one missing piece of the puzzle I needed to have a perfectly stable jailbreak. He’s definitly one of the best iOS gurus out there. Thank you saurik!

So it looks like the jailbreak guru is getting closer to a jailbreak for iPhone 4S, which should also work on an iPad 2.

With iOS 5.0.2 and iOS 5.1 release imminent, it remains to be seen if pod2G will release the untethered jailbreak soon or wait for Apple to release the iOS software updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.