What's new

why pod2g told us No more cache troubles with iphone 4s and today the demo about 4

nataly22

Reaction score
if he told us No more cache troubles with iphone 4s
thats mean he got the jailbreak for iphone 4s

but today in the pod2g blog the new jailbreak only for iphone 4

why why why why why

i want to unlock my iphone to sim free
i cant wait

While I'm certain your thread here will be directed to one of our other ongoing threads... I'm going to go ahead an comment anyway. :)

Yes, pod2g has repeatedly shown us that his Jailbreak exploit is working on the iPhone 4.
Also, that he has recently worked through issues he was having with the "cache" on the iPhone 4S.
Yes, having a working Jailbreak is the first step in having an Unlock... but an Unlock for the 4S is probably further away than any of us could possibly know. Remember... Jailbreaking & Unlocking may go hand in hand but they are two completely different processes.

so do you mean that even if pod2g got a jailbreak for iphone 4s

i still cant unlock my iphone?

i only need the jailbreak to unlock it? wow you gave me a bad news loooooooooooooooooool

Last edited:
so do you mean that even if pod2g got a jailbreak for iphone 4s

i still cant unlock my iphone?

i only need the jailbreak to unlock it? wow you gave me a bad news loooooooooooooooooool
At this point.... no you won't be able to unlock. :-(
There's two ways to unlock an iPhone w/o the carrier unlocking it. By hardware w/ a Gevey (or similar) Sim or by software w/ Ultrasn0w (or similar) or that will only unlock certain basebands.
With that said... a working Jailbreak on your device is required to use either of these unlock methods.

there is a huge difference between unlock and jailbreak, it is a common mistake in new users that they think its the ame thing. I feel bad for you as you seem to be just getting worse and even more worse news as you badly need unlock but depending on what carrier you are on and if you are even in that country it could be worth looking into a official unlock rather then relying on ultrasn0w when the day comes and it does unlock the 4S.

Just because he fixed the issues with the cache doesnt mean he's done with the jailbreak for the 4S. Also, he showed the iPhone4 because before he always showed his iPod Touch 4G, so he just wanted to prove that the jailbreak is working on other devices. As others have said, jailbreaking and unlocking are not the same thing. I wouldn't hold my breath for a 4S unlock, it is still a LONG ways away.