What's new

iPhone 4s iOS 7.0.4 to 7.1.2 widgets?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm currently jailbroken on 7.0.4 and I'd like to update to 7.1.2, I believe that, although some tweaks aren't compatible, it's still worth it for me... But I tweaked my iPhone springboard in a peculiar way. I have many writings by using the "db text widget" in it and I was wondering if there was any way to get them back after the restore or if I have to write all of them all over again. Thanks a lot :)

Depends on your implementation method. AFAIK, most widget implementers (?) are updated for 7.1.X support

Yep they should work but I was wondering if when I'd restore from the backup they'd stay as I put them or if I have to put all of them all over again :)

Yep they should work but I was wondering if when I'd restore from the backup they'd stay as I put them or if I have to put all of them all over again :)

Personally I'd recommend manually backing it up, especially if it's customized.

Sorry, what do you mean to back them up manually?

Sorry, what do you mean to back them up manually?

Meaning you'd have to SSH or USB tunnel into your device, go to the directory where that specific widget script is located, and make a copy of it onto your computer, then after you restore and rejailbreak, place it back into that same directory.

I see, thank you very much, I'll try to find it, hopefully i will but i think i'll wait to upgrade till lockdown or protecti get updated :(