What's new

I have quite a problem with battery...

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'd like to start off by saying that I have this problem on an iPhone 4s and that I'm jailbroken on 7.0.4.

The problem is with the insane power consumption, the battery drains insanely fast, like I mean very very fast. This evening I was really low on battery and I've used it virtually nothing. What's worse is that the battery drains pretty fast even when on stand by. I checked the usage and there was something very wrong and very weird... The stand by time was exactly the same as the usage time. In theory I guess that the "usage" amount rappresents how long I've used the phone whilst the stand by how long it's been in stand by... Looks pretty straight forward but I may be wrong

So, how come are these 2 exactly the same? 7 hours and 31 minutes standby and usage? Could that be the reason of why there's this insane battery drain even when on stand by?

I'm not sure if this could be helpful but I'd really like to fix this so I'll just write a list of the tweaks I have, they may be the cause although it doesn't appear that they would use battery life as they aren't that "particular" you could say like "shuffler" that changes the wallpaper or something like that. Anyway here it is:

Activator
AppTray
BetrFolders
Bloard
ColorFlow
NoIconBadges
NoPageDots7
NoAdStoreOpen
PhotoOrganizer
Simplock
SwipeSelection
Whatsapp for Couria
Cloaky
Whatsapp colors (to be activated from winterboard)
Couria (don't even use it that often)
DockShift
FlipControlCenter
FlipLaunch
IconRenamer
MultiIconMover+
NoteCreator
Pluck 2
Protecti +
Purge
SubtleLock
Winterboard

Could any of these be the cause? I also have iWidgets but I actually only use the text widget (the one that allows you to write text on your springboard), Could that be it?

I'll be really incredibly grateful if anyone can help me solve this problem. Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:
I had all that on my iPhone 5 basically and it didn't effect anything. You might have to do a reset of your phone. I know sometimes you can download a faulty program so that might be it. I'm jail breaking either tonight or tomorrow with my new 5s

The problem is also that it appears that I'm using the phone even when in standby... If I keep it for 1 hour in stand by both usage and stand by times will go up by 1 hour.

Today I tried closing whatsapp and now that doesn't happen anymore... Or today it didn't... Could the issue be that whatsapp was opened? But even if that's the case can whatsapp use so much battery when the phone's in stand by?

I believe this is how i fixed it.

General --- Reset --- Reset All Settings.

It doesnt delete any data but basically resets all settings and it should fix then.

I tried it and it doesn't work, I've looked for some other solutions for battery these few days and I can't seem to find any at all... How can battery go down so quickly even with only edge activated while on standby?

Can anyone help me please? :( I was about to restore it (which I really wouldn't want to unless I'm sure it'd solve the problem) but then I kept it in safe mode for about a day and I tried playing subway surfer 5 mins in normal mode and 5 in safe mode and the battery went down by 3%, give or take .2-.5%. And when on normal mode the battery really goes down incredibly fast, I'll try anything :(