What's new

iPhone 4S downgrade/Jailbreak?

1800Warioman

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I am very new to the iPhone community so I'm not going to understand most things talked about, so let me explain my question. I have an iPhone 4S and everyone should know it is horribly slow when running really any IOS 9 firmware, mine is like most and it's running IOS 9.3.5 and I'm sure so many people have heard this asked, but Is it possible to get back to any older firmware? I've seen the 4S is blazing fast on IOS 6. If it is possible, I've got no clue on where to start and what's required, but im very ready to listen so I can learn about what is and isn't possible in a situation like this. I've heard more recent news about tools that exist specifically for 32-bit Apple devices and also a bunch about how the 4S and iPad 2 have some hardware thing where they can be downgraded with a tool which require you to be on IOS 7 or something lol I have no clue, but hearing all that gives me some hope. So what's the scoop?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Oh poo... Well hopefully someone creates a way one day. I should of asked that on here before I bought one haha.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

Oh poo... Well hopefully someone creates a way one day. I should of asked that on here before I bought one haha.

Thank you very much for the quick response.
There are several groups working on a way to downgrade but I couldn't find anything on whether or not such a downgrade has been released yet. One thing that they say is vital is that you need shsh blobs for the iOS version you want to downgrade to. No blobs equals no downgrade. Those blobs have to be saved while Apple is still signing the iOS version in question. There is no way to get those blobs after Apple has stopped signing an iOS version.

There are several groups working on a way to downgrade but I couldn't find anything on whether or not such a downgrade has been released yet. One thing that they say is vital is that you need shsh blobs for the iOS version you want to downgrade to. No blobs equals no downgrade. Those blobs have to be saved while Apple is still signing the iOS version in question. There is no way to get those blobs after Apple has stopped signing an iOS version.
Hmm... So would those SHSH blobs have to be saved from my device or will other people's work? Also if someone created a blob of a specific firmware while Apple was still singing it, once they stopped would it stay signed or not? how does that work?

Thanks

Blobs are device specific and won't work on any other device. I've never saved blobs as I have no interest in Jailbreaking. Some of our other members who are more familiar with Jailbreaking may be better able to help.
To that end, I've moved this thread to the iPhone Jailbreaking Forum, where it will receive more attention.

I appreciate it, hopefully a jailbreak for iOS 9.3.5 gets created soon cause it looks like that's what I'm going to need before I even think about downgrading.

Thanks again for the help

I appreciate it, hopefully a jailbreak for iOS 9.3.5 gets created soon cause it looks like that's what I'm going to need before I even think about downgrading.

Thanks again for the help
You're welcome. I hope there's good news regarding that downgrade.