What's new

ios6.0 iphone 3gs downgrade help

iPhone 3gs

Reaction score
So i have the iOS 6.0 firmware on my iphone 3gs, now i want to downgrade it so i can unlock it. What do I need to do? i have the 5.1.1 firmware downloaded. i have redsnow and tinyumbrella downloaded, now what do i do with these things.

Last edited:
iPhone 3gs said:
So i have the iOS 6.0 firmware on my iphone 3gs, now i want to downgrade it so i can unlock it. What do I need to do? i have the 5.1.1 firmware downloaded. i have redsnow and tinyumbrella downloaded, now what do i do with these things.

What Baseband is it on? Of you updated it to iOS 6.0 via a standard iTunes "Restore..." it also updated your Baseband and cannot be unlocked.

You need the 5.1.1 SHSH blobs to downgrade. See if you have them by opening TU and saving SHSH with the 3GS plugged in

Not that I'm aware of since I haven't kept up with iOS 6 because of all the bugs and all. But I believe you can still use UltraSn0w for baseband 05.13.04 on the 3GS on iOS 6. If your baseband is anything else you'll need to upgrade to the iPad 06.15.00 baseband ten downgrade it down to 05.13

ok well i have unlocked the phone now with 4.1 firmware, now if i upgrade to ios 6 will the phone still be unlocked?

The only time an unlock with say after an upgrade is if it's a factory or IMEI unlock, which is an unlock for the device, not a software unlock like ultrasn0w

will it remove it if I update to 5.1 also? ok lets say i get the phone to 5.1os do i do the same thing i did to unlock it again?

All soft unlocks are removed when you upgrade your baseband and/or iOS because it's an unlock through Cydia. You can however, upgrade to another iOS, and if your baseband is changed, you can just upgrade the baseband ONLY to the iPad baseband then downgrade the baseband ONLY to 05.13.04, and still stay on the iOS you upgraded/downgraded to. It's a tedious process but it gets the job done.

riight, it took me 9 hours to unlock it cause i didnt know what the hell i was doing, and what ur telling me sounds annoying and frustrating to do, you would have to write me a tut on what to do exactly lol