What's new

Downgrading iphone 3gs on 4.3.5

Scarthhd

Reaction score
Have restored and updated my iPhone 3GS I now want to downgrade it to firmware which can be jail broken and unlock the phone to any carrier/sim card please help,

Thanks olly

JUMUAH said:
How do u get swype does anybody know ?

Search the forums for your answer I am after a specific answer, thanks

You can only downgrade if you have the SHSH saved for the firmware you want to downgrade to. Also you should note that downgrading firmware DOES NOT downgrade your baseband. Now that you're on 4.3.5 your baseband is not compatible with the software unlock. Your only option to unlock is to update to the iPad baseband(which will likely disable your GPS functions) and then install Ultrasn0w.

You can only downgrade if you have the SHSH saved for the firmware you want to downgrade to. Also you should note that downgrading firmware DOES NOT downgrade your baseband. Now that you're on 4.3.5 your baseband is not compatible with the software unlock. Your only option to unlock is to update to the iPad baseband(which will likely disable your GPS functions) and then install Ultrasn0w.

basically i have hit a brick wall?
was is baseband?
i have an iphone not an ipad,

realistically, what are my chances of unlocking the phone to any carrier?
and will i be able to install, cydia and installous

i have just tried the redsnow route of downgrading, i got to the ifaith section and i detected a ios and aborted this was after cydia appeared on the iphone, which was installed a few mins earlier uing redsnow..

Redsn0w is a jailbreak tool, it cannot be used to downgrade and like I said you cannot downgrade if you dont have your SHSH.

Baseband is the modem firmware of your phone. The newer basebands are not unlockable. I know that you don't have an iPad, I was saying you have to update your iPHONES baseband to the iPad baseband in order to unlock(which will likely disable your GPS functions).

Also there is no reason for you to be using iFaith.

as long as i can unlock it, i wil have made a break through, how do i upgrade to the ipad baseband?

Have restored and updated my iPhone 3GS I now want to downgrade it to firmware which can be jail broken and unlock the phone to any carrier/sim card please help,

Thanks olly
Don't jailbreak iphone. Or you will meet many unexpectable problems

seess said:
Don't jailbreak iphone. Or you will meet many unexpectable problems

I need to unlock it at least, it's an 02 phone I need it to support three