What's new

Iphone 4 Restore Help!

My phone is completely down and I cannot even use my old phone since its a micro sim. Can some one please tell me asap about "
You have to remake the firmware with iFaith except this time check the box to activate the phone. "

Thanks

Any time! Hopefully someone else on here can shed some light on how to hacktivate after restoring an iFaith firmware... otherwise I have an extra AT&T SIM laying around, if you want to paypal me like $3 or whatever for shipping I could send it to you once I get home from vacation.

You could also try using Redsn0w to hacktivate. Just download the latest version of Redsn0w and a 4.3.3 file and then choose the "deactivate" option

So I have to update to 4.3.3?
I have 4.1 and I was hoping to get an unlock(maybe).
Once I goto 4.3.3,I cannot go back to 4.1 right?

Once you've updated to 4.1 you can't unlock anyways since your baseband will be too high. You can only go back to 4.1 if you have the SHSH blobs saved.

Yes I do have SHSH blobs saved. So, I have to update to 4.3.3 and then use redsnow?

I have a Gevey pro which I used to unlock 4.1. I think that will work to unlock 4.3.3 too right?

Gevey SIM works on all firmware versions up to iOS5 beta 2. That is the first firmware to block the Gevey unlock.

Also, FYI, the Gevey pro SIM is illegal because it requires you to dial an emergency number. I would strongly suggest using an Ultra instead.

Ok I got the software.
At first step, it asks me to select a firmware. So do I have to download 4.3.3 and process it? Since, even if I select 4.1, it proceeds and give me options like Install Cydia, Install custom bundle and stuff. So, what should I do? Download 4.3.3 and go ahead with which option to avoid activation or can proceed with 4.1?