What's new

Iphone 4 Restore Help!

slash_lucky

Reaction score
As I was having a battery issues with my Iphone 4 running 4.1 02.10.04 in Tmobile which is jailbreaked. I was thinking to restore my phone to 4.1 02.10.04 factory mode. Should I restore to 4.3.5 or go with 4.1? If I update to 4.3.5, does the gevey unlock still work? Also, will it increase the chances for me to wait a long time for the Devteam to come up with an unlock?

I keep on getting error 3194 trying to update to 4.1. I have the latest Itunes. Any idea on that?

You can't restore 4.1 anymore, it is no longer being signed. You would need your 4.1 SHSH blobs in order to downgrade. And yes Gevey SIM works on 4.3.5

This isn't true, you can restore to 4.1. You need to use a program from iH8sn0w called ifaith. This will allow you to backup your shsh blobs for the firmware your phone is currently on. You then build a custom firmware which is pre-signed.

Definitely stay on 4.1. 4.3.5 can only be jailbroke tethered.

I have iPhone 4 with 4.3.3 and it's jb'ed. I need to restore it cause of issues.

I already downloaded iFaith.

What's the 1st step into restoring my device?

Also if I restore via this method will apple store know that I did this if I need to bring in device for warranty exchange? Will they be able to detect this shsh restore means?

Since jb'ed I have issue such as not running smooth. So I want to restore before making a trip to genius bar.

What's 1st step with iFaith ?

mpossoff said:
I have iPhone 4 with 4.3.3 and it's jb'ed. I need to restore it cause of issues.

I already downloaded iFaith.

What's the 1st step into restoring my device?

Also if I restore via this method will apple store know that I did this if I need to bring in device for warranty exchange? Will they be able to detect this shsh restore means?

Since jb'ed I have issue such as not running smooth. So I want to restore before making a trip to genius bar.

What's 1st step with iFaith ?

If you are taking your device back to apple because of it not running smooth you will probably find restoring it will most likely cure the problem.

So what I suggest is you restore to 4.1 and see how 'smooth' your phone runs.

Here's what you need:
ifaith 1.3 (updated yesterday)
Firmware 4.1

Firstly, use ifaith to dump shsh blobs (keep this safe as you may need them in the future), then build *signed* IPSW w/Blobs (using your dumped shsh blobs and 4.1)

Next put your device in a pwned DFU state using ireb (in ifaith)

Restore through iTunes. Hold shift when pressing restore and select the custom firmware that you have just created.

You should now be on 4.1. You can then just jailbreak using jailbreakme.com.

If you do want to take your device back to apple then use ifaith to dump shsh blobs only. Then restore through iTunes to the latest firmware as this is what they will suggest. Once you have restored without jailbreaking there is no way apple can tell.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Make it more simple.

I'm on 4.3.3, will iFaith be able to provide a means if I need to restore my device I can restore it and keep 4.3.3?

I want to restore my device, what is 1st step in using iFaith?

mpossoff said:
Make it more simple.

I'm on 4.3.3, will iFaith be able to provide a means if I need to restore my device I can restore it and keep 4.3.3?

As previous post but just replace 4.1 with 4.3.3.

Step 1. Download ifaith 1.3

Step 2. With your device plugged in open ifaith and select dump shsh blobs (follow on screen instructions). This will produce shsh blobs for 4.3.3. Now you have these you will be able to restore to 4.3.3.

Step 3. You need to make a pre-signed custom firmware. You do this by selecting build *signed* IPSW w/blobs from ifaith. You will need stock 4.3.3.

Step 4. Now put your device into a pwned dfu state using ireb. again found in ifaith.

Step 5. Shift restore in iTunes and select the firmware you have just created.

mpossoff said:
Make it more simple.

As previous post but just replace 4.1 with 4.3.3.

Step 1. Download ifaith 1.3

Step 2. With your device plugged in open ifaith and select dump shsh blobs (follow on screen instructions). This will produce shsh blobs for 4.3.3. Now you have these you will be able to restore to 4.3.3.

Step 3. You need to make a pre-signed custom firmware. You do this by selecting build *signed* IPSW w/blobs from ifaith. You will need stock 4.3.3.

Step 4. Now put your device into a pwned dfu state using ireb. again found in ifaith.

Step 5. Shift restore in iTunes and select the firmware you have just created.

Thanks! On step 3 does device have to be still plugged in?

Now that I have restored my Iphone, it says it can't activate my phone because it's sim is not supported. I have a gevey sim with T-mobile.
I tried taking out the T-mobile sim, it says "There is no sim card installed in the Iphone you are attempting to activate".
What should I do? How can I get it running without sim?

Last edited:
I dont have a AT&T sim card. How can I hacktivate it?
Any link on how to do that?
Thanks