What's new

iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.5

Jmills87 said:
Well, you're wrong.

Actually when Saurik updated Cydia to version 1.1.2 he took the make my life easier button out and started to save SHSH blobs automatically on his servers. Although Apple shoots out updates quickly sometimes (like with 4.2.9 4.2.10 or 4.3.4 4.3.5) and cydia won't get your SHSH blob in time. So it is always recommended to manually save your SHSH blobs while the current firmware your on is being signed, or else you'll have to use iFaith.

You can see if your SHSH blobs are saved by checking the top of the homepage on cydia. It should say SHSH in green and have your saved firmwares next to it.

Jmills87 said:
Well, you're wrong.

Actually when Saurik updated Cydia to version 1.1.2 he took the make my life easier button out and started to save SHSH blobs automatically on his servers. Although Apple shoots out updates quickly sometimes (like with 4.2.9 4.2.10 or 4.3.4 4.3.5) and cydia won't get your SHSH blob in time. So it is always recommended to manually save your SHSH blobs while the current firmware your on is being signed, or else you'll have to use iFaith.

You can see if your SHSH blobs are saved by checking the top of the homepage on cydia. It should say SHSH in green and have your saved firmwares next to it.

Thank for pointing this, I'm tired of useless arguments here, it's always good to push the make my life easier button. And I've mentioned in my previous post that Cydia take time to auto save SHSH than when you hit the make my life easier button. Yet my friend think that I'm fooling him.
+1 for you post.

bab2010 said:
Thank for pointing this, I'm tired of useless arguments here, it's always good to push the make my life easier button. And I've mentioned in my previous post that Cydia take time to auto save SHSH than when you hit the make my life easier button. Yet my friend think that I'm fooling him.
+1 for you post.

You are very welcome :D!

[/QUOTE]There would be no point in downgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.3.4 because they both only have tethered jailbreaks available. The only reason you would want to downgrade is if you had your 4.3.3 SHSH saved so that you could do an untethered jailbreak. But like iCrank said, you need your SHSH to downgrade.[/QUOTE]

i got this phone used from a boost mobile store and he had already upgraded it through apple...can i still do a tethered jailbreak? i dont have any shsh blobs that i know of so it would basicly be like buying an iphone from apple with 4.3.5 on it already.

Last edited:
You can do a tethered jailbreak with 4.3.5 make sure you have the ispw and the latest version Redsnow. I would suggest waiting on iOS 5. A tethered JB isn't worth it.

Last edited:
Well, you're wrong.
Cydia automatically saves SHSH. It has done so for me. it only started doing it about 5 months or so back? And thanks to that i have been capable of restoring many a persons phone of which had no idea what they were doing. Cydia Auto saves SHSH for those less equipped with such situations :)

Swi.Wilts said:
Cydia automatically saves SHSH. It has done so for me. it only started doing it about 5 months or so back? And thanks to that i have been capable of restoring many a persons phone of which had no idea what they were doing. Cydia Auto saves SHSH for those less equipped with such situations :)

Yes while cydia does this it's still always best to be safe and manually save your SHSH blobs! Some people have been unlucky enough to not have their SHSH blobs saved due to apple throwing updates out too quickly (4.2.9, 4.2.10 + 4.3.4, 4.3.5)

There would be no point in downgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.3.4 because they both only have tethered jailbreaks available. The only reason you would want to downgrade is if you had your 4.3.3 SHSH saved so that you could do an untethered jailbreak. But like iCrank said, you need your SHSH to downgrade.[/QUOTE]

i got this phone used from a boost mobile store and he had already upgraded it through apple...can i still do a tethered jailbreak? i dont have any shsh blobs that i know of so it would basicly be like buying an iphone from apple with 4.3.5 on it already.[/QUOTE]
You could try getting it to 4.3.3? Unsure how well this shall work but it is worth a shot if you're determined to have a untethered jailbreak at this moment and they most likely wont bother trying to untether 4.3.4/5 as IOS 5 is just around the corner for public release. Anywho. Download 4.3.3 and tinyumbrella and start up the TSS server it will automatically adjust your hosts files and then get your iPhone into DFU Mode, open iTunes and hold down "Shift" and click on restore and select the 4.3.3 IPSW. Hopefully it will do it most of the way and when it is almost done an error shall occur. do not worry then use Redsn0w and jailbreak it and then kick it out of recovery loop with Tinyumbrella. it should boot up and awaiting activation via iTunes. NOTE!! unsure if this shall work without SHSH blobs but as i said if you can not wait for an untethered IOS then this may be the best shot? Much luck

Swi.Wilts said:

Yes while cydia does this it's still always best to be safe and manually save your SHSH blobs! Some people have been unlucky enough to not have their SHSH blobs saved due to apple throwing updates out too quickly (4.2.9, 4.2.10 + 4.3.4, 4.3.5)
I rarely update. but the 4.3.4 came from no where and a week later 4.3.5 which rather odd. I was fortunate to have it automatically save my SHSH blobs. I was lazy and forgot to save them to my pc. But in the cases of rescueing peoples phones and rescueing mine from the dreadful tethered 4.3.5, Was very fortunate.