What's new

Unlock 4.3.5 (iPhone 4, GSM) - EXPERTS, PLEASE HELP!

yeah

Reaction score
Hello!

This is my first post within this wonderful forum, so please excuse me if I am not posting in the right section.

My iPhone 4 query is a rather complicated one, and having searched the entire forum, I have not managed to find an occurrence of a similar situation.

My iPhone 4 currently runs iOS 4.3.5, and it is locked to a particular network - I do not have any SHSH blobs saved on my iPhone 4 from previous iOS versions. Having recently heard that the GEVEY SIM unlock works for iOS 4.3.5 on the iPhone 4, I bought the GEVEY SIM. However, the main problem is that I cannot use the GEVEY SIM unlock, since I cannot reach the Home Screen on my iPhone 4 (let alone the 'Settings' menu) - my iPhone 4 is not letting me advance past the 'Emergency Call' option (to be more specific, when I switch on the phone, an image of a USB cable and the iTunes logo is displayed, along with the option to make an emergency call - when I plug in the phone and connect it to iTunes, which is what I understand the displayed image to imply, iTunes informs me that my SIM card does not appear to be supported).

Therefore, my question to iPhone 4 unlock experts is probably obvious by now: is there a method by which I could either advance beyond the 'Emergency Call' option, or use the GEVEY SIM unlock, without being able to access the iPhone Home Screen? If so, could someone please describe such a method, so that I would be able to unlock my iPhone 4 (and finally access the Home Screen)?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

You have to hacktivate the phone with Redsn0w or you have to insert an AT&T SIM to activate the phone. Hopefully you got the Gevey ULTRA SIM because the other ones are illegal.

Thank you very much for your reply. Does Redsn0w work with iOS 4.3.5? If so, how would I go about 'hacktivating' my iPhone 4?

Could you please provide a more detailed set of instructions on how to carry out this procedure (perhaps you could point me in the direction of a guide, by means of attaching a link to your reply)? Thank you very much.

Just download redsn0w 0.9.8b5 and a 4.3.4 firmware file. Redsn0w walks you through the process itself. Just tick the "deactivate" option on the options screen and nothing else.

Thank you for your reply. I have followed your instructions, but I was unable to locate the 'Deactivate' option within Redsn0w. I only seem to have the following options available:

1. Install Cydia
2. Install custom bundle
3. Enable multitask gestures
4. Just boot tethered right now
5. Just enter pwned DFU mode right now

It seems that the 'Deactivate' option is not available for the iPhone 4. Could you please clarify this situation? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Are you sure that the 'Deactivate' option is available for the iPhone 4 on Redsn0w?

Yes. This is Redsn0w 0.9.8b5 with an iPhone4 4.3.3 firmware file:

433a.jpg

Thank you very much for your reply. It seems that there is a difference between Redsn0w for Windows and Redsn0w for Mac - that could explain why I have been unable to find the 'Deactivate' option. I shall try to repeat the procedure on a Mac, in that case.

The following are the options which Redsn0w (Windows) displays when an iOS 4.3.3 file is chosen:

1. Install Cydia
2. Install custom bundle
3. Allow boot animation
4. Enable multitask gestures
5. Just boot tethered right now
6. Just enter pwned DFU mode right now

Are you sure that the versions of Redsn0w for Windows and Mac are identical?

To unlock iPhone, there are various softwares available including Cydia, RedSnow etc that help in jailbreaking imei number of the iPhone which further allows you to use any network on your iPhone as per your choice. You are free to get assign with any carrier as per your requirements.