What's new

IPhone 4 Dropped in water now no Backlight

bobbyg815

Reaction score
My 2 year old tossed my IPhone 4 in the toilet. It was removed quickly and shaken to remove any excess water. Then it was placed into rice. I left the phone in the rice for a week and a half. The phone powers on just fine but the only way to see the screen is to hold it on an angle under light. What can I do to fix this problem if anything?

No good!! My one year old tries to get his hands on my iPhone all the time, that's a big NO. Hopefully you can get it fixed, sounds like you need to just replace the screen? I'd call Apple.

you can pay to have them give you a replacement few hundred dollars/pounds though

You can also try putting it in an air tight box like a sandwich box and fill it with as many silica gel packets as you can. With touch screens though there's not a lot you can really do...

actually thanks for all of your comments. I opened the Iphone and found that the where the screen plugs into the board it was very corroded and will probably need to be replaced. So looks like i will be purchasing a new phone.

I dropped my iPhone 4 down the toilet as well. I pulled it out in like a fraction of a second and everything's been completely fine with it.

actually thanks for all of your comments. I opened the Iphone and found that the where the screen plugs into the board it was very corroded and will probably need to be replaced. So looks like i will be purchasing a new phone.

apple will replace it for less then half the cost..

When my lillte 4 year old girl got hold of mine and then put it in the bath with her mum i was peed off lol but i put it on the hot water tank for a couple of hours that sorted it for me dried all water up nicely and quick so there is a quick tut for you all that get a bit of water on ya phones.

Ow and iphone 4 doesn't swim jailbroken or not.

Theres now a fix for this listed on youtube called 'Iphone 4 IC' backlight fix.

Just go search for it and ye shall find the solution.

First get a Kilo of rice put phone in the rice and seal the lid. Rice absorbs water and it works give it a few days and try to start if no leave in rice. After 5 days plug power in wall socket and charge. Then hold home key and off button until apple white logo appears and perform reset with a bit of luck all will be ok

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited: