What's new

IPhone 4 Dropped in water now no Backlight

bobbyg815

Reaction score
My 2 year old tossed my IPhone 4 in the toilet. It was removed quickly and shaken to remove any excess water. Then it was placed into rice. I left the phone in the rice for a week and a half. The phone powers on just fine but the only way to see the screen is to hold it on an angle under light. What can I do to fix this problem if anything?

KimMelton

Reaction score
No good!! My one year old tries to get his hands on my iPhone all the time, that's a big NO. Hopefully you can get it fixed, sounds like you need to just replace the screen? I'd call Apple.

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
you can pay to have them give you a replacement few hundred dollars/pounds though

iGaz

Reaction score
You can also try putting it in an air tight box like a sandwich box and fill it with as many silica gel packets as you can. With touch screens though there's not a lot you can really do...

OP
B

bobbyg815

Reaction score
actually thanks for all of your comments. I opened the Iphone and found that the where the screen plugs into the board it was very corroded and will probably need to be replaced. So looks like i will be purchasing a new phone.

Roy_Drage

Reaction score
I dropped my iPhone 4 down the toilet as well. I pulled it out in like a fraction of a second and everything's been completely fine with it.

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
actually thanks for all of your comments. I opened the Iphone and found that the where the screen plugs into the board it was very corroded and will probably need to be replaced. So looks like i will be purchasing a new phone.

apple will replace it for less then half the cost..

deano20010

Reaction score
When my lillte 4 year old girl got hold of mine and then put it in the bath with her mum i was peed off lol but i put it on the hot water tank for a couple of hours that sorted it for me dried all water up nicely and quick so there is a quick tut for you all that get a bit of water on ya phones.

Ow and iphone 4 doesn't swim jailbroken or not.

Fonefixer

Reaction score
Theres now a fix for this listed on youtube called 'Iphone 4 IC' backlight fix.

Just go search for it and ye shall find the solution.

Col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First get a Kilo of rice put phone in the rice and seal the lid. Rice absorbs water and it works give it a few days and try to start if no leave in rice. After 5 days plug power in wall socket and charge. Then hold home key and off button until apple white logo appears and perform reset with a bit of luck all will be ok

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited: