What's new

Last night I dropped my iPhone 4 down the toilet...

Darn it ... The guy who sold me the plan told me it covered everything excePt lost or stolen.. Oh well. I used it to get iTunes help already... I lost alot of song and couldn't get them back. Called the plan number and they hook me up. So I guess it was worth it.

Hopefully you don't ever need to take it back to Apple b/c it will definitely fail their water check

next you do that :D dry it off and put it in a bag with rice immediately and leave it in a warm place for a day
it will evaporate all the water right out of it.
It will even pass the water test from apple.

next you do that :D dry it off and put it in a bag with rice immediately and leave it in a warm place for a day
it will evaporate all the water right out of it.
It will even pass the water test from apple.

Nice tip, thanx

In the headphone jack and the 30pin connector are water sensors. They turn pink once wet... It's a dead giveaway.

Any visible signs without opening up the phone?

I've read in other posts that simply looking down the headphone jack you can see a pink glow? However, my phone shows no sign of this.

I reckon I managed to pull it out of the water before water managed to get into the holes.

Lol. Well at least it had been flushed. If you get a rash on your face after talking on the phone seek medical attention fast!!