What's new

Iphone 4 dropped in toilet

bartonix

Reaction score
after extensive searching i still need help.

my sister in laws 1 year old son decided it would be a good idea to take his mums phone to the toilet bowl and see if it could swim obviously this proved to be a lead balloon.
i have managed to open the phone and have cleaned all of the contact points and removed all the water and moisture from the logic board and around the wifi antenna
after putting the phone back together i have managed to get it powered on using the charging lead in the mains. it will boot into the log in screen and let me put in the code and then it goes to the connect to itunes screen.
if i pull the lead to connect to the pc it dies and wont come back on even if i plug into usb??
if i plug back into the mains it restarts and then stays on for around 2 mins before crashing and rebooting.

is this common with water damage? is there a way around this or is it now an expensive paper weight?

someone mentioned to me that the jack plug has a water indicator that is connected to a circuit which kills the phone if its exposed to water is thia correct?

any answers or suggestions are greatly appreciated

I know a favourite fix is to put the phone in a bag of dry rice for a few days to absorb any moisture,its cheap and worth a try,hope it helps.

I suppose the ideal thing would have been to remove the battery as soon as you took it out of the toilet. If that wasn't the case, the best you can do now is to take the battery out now, and let it sit -- even in dry rice, as Poison... noted. If no/go, take to the Apple store (if under 1 year) and plead with them!

Oh I'm sorry about that dude.
Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPF Staff in accordance with our [URL="http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/forum-rules-41/iphoneforums-net-forum-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/]Forum Rules[/URL]. This is a family oriented forum. Explicit language WILL NOT be tolerated!!!

Last edited by a moderator: