What's new

iphone 4 contract help

rapper379

Reaction score
say if i buy a iphone 4 with contract and the next day i terminate the contract with att.can i use another phone service plan like verizon,sprint,or t-mobile or do i have to jailbreak and unlock it to do that.

Yes, you will havetoo have a jailbreak and an unlock.. And so far there isn't one for the iPhone 4...yet. So best to wait or have a friend in the uk pick you up an unlocked one from the Apple store or eBay... Becides with the new AT&T termination fees I don't think it would be cheaper even if you could buy and cancel.

its 75$ cheaper doing that than buying one 32 gb for 699 without contract

yes but then if you cancel the contract you will have fees from atee and tee which will be probably more then the 699 with out contract you dong want to pay, either way it sucks for you ;p

unless you wait for an unlock and just tell them at the store you will activate the contract from home and just dont

i doubt very much atee and tee will let you cancel for 75 bucks only they will probably put up the charges in the hundreds

I'm not sure but I think the termination fees are over $300 now and reduce some $15/month untill the contract is over.

So either way our paying a lot of money, IMO it's just easier to get one sim free. Or wait for unlock tools but personally I will never do that again and have to rely on unlock tools to upgrade firmware. Sim free ornothing for me

Well the iPhone won't work on Sprint or Verizon at all. Totally different technology and on T-Mobile you could only use 2g edge internet. T-Mobile 3g is on a different frequency then AT&T. The only purpose of unlocking the phone is too use it in the rest of the world on local networks or with limited use on T-Mobile.
Alex

Well the iPhone won't work on Sprint or Verizon at all. Totally different technology and on T-Mobile you could only use 2g edge internet. T-Mobile 3g is on a different frequency then AT&T. The only purpose of unlocking the phone is too use it in the rest of the world on local networks or with limited use on T-Mobile.
Alex

In my opinion just pay the price to have it on a network that it was intended for. Why buy a phone that will only work halfway. If you want Apple and your stuck on another network just buy an iPod touch....

If you really want an iPhone 4 just buy it from Apple for the full price and unactivated. I think it's $599 and $699 and you can do whatever you want with it. Like they said it is not compatible with other carriers so you might as well buy an iTouch.