What's new

How much is an unlimited data contract worth?

How Much should I pay for a Verizon iPhone 4 16GB with unlimited data contract?

• $300

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $500

• $600

• $700

• $800

• $900

• $1,000

• $1,100

• $1,200

• Total voters

Spinoti73

Reaction score
I missed out on the last day that Verzion's unlimited data was offered. I've been trying to find a seller that would sell me their iPhone 4 and transfer their unlimited contract but they want an arm and a leg for it.
How much would you say an unlimited data contract from Verizon is worth today?
Thanks everybody,

uhh maybe im missing something here but doesnt an unlimited data contract have to be in your name thus its impossible to transfer over to you??

As far as "worth is considered"...i pay 30/month for my unlimited so to me its only worth just that.

I asked Verizon and it can be transfered without modifying the existing contract through what they call Assumption of Liability (AOL).

It depends on the individual and how much data they will be using. Even an "unlimited" contract user can't truly transfer unlimited amounts without penalty; Verizon slows down data transfer if it goes over a certain amount in a month's time. I can't imagine it being worth much at all. In my opinion most of the numbers that you list in your "poll" are way overinflated.

If your numbers include the phone and AoL of the contract, then at most it is worth $300 to $400.

Thanks Skull One, I figured it would be somewhere around $400. There's a couple of offers on Ebay for $750+ and I found one on Craigslist for $500 but the guy won't mail or accept paypal. Can't seem to get a break :|

I thought I had the golden goose when I got my iPhone with unlimited data and that I could have it for as long as I keep my current Verizon plan. But someone told me that the down side is that if I ever upgrade my iPhone in the future - like to an iPhone 5 or 6 or whatever way down the road - it constitutes a "new" contract, thus Verizon could then invalidate my unlimited plan and I would have to start paying for data again, so to speak.

Anyone know if this is true?