What's new

Under Verizon Contract-Can I upgrade to iPhone 6?

jaybird28

Reaction score
My Verizon contract expires on Nov 14th. Do you think Verizon will allow me to get the iPhone 6 in September and lock in another 2 years, or will they make me wait for current contract to expire in Nov?

I hope thats not the case

I tried that with the iPhone 5 and they wouldn't let me do it. I had to wait until my contract ended. The only reason I asked was because all my friends said it worked for them. However, when speaking to a verizon...the iPhone was their premier phone and had to wait. Although...other phones, like samsung or Motorola were available for me if I wanted to update early. That was my other option.

Maybe others have a different story. :)

I would try BestBuy. They are known for doing things that carriers won't do.

(((Snap)))...that's where I ended up buying it. Thanks @spencerdl ...I totally forgot that. When I my contract did end, I went back to verizon and they said it would take 2 months of get one. So...that day, I went to BestBuy and they had it in stock! I was so happy. Great staff very helpful! :)

They will make you wait. My wife's phone died the other day, and we were three weeks from upgrade. They demanded I buy a phone at full retail. Instead, I went and signed a new contract with AT&T, and got two 5s. Hell will freeze over before I pay verizon the last payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I'm a week from the end of a 2 year contract so I went to online chat with a VZW sales rep. They were/are running a Labor Day/weekend sale and were more then happy to let me upgrade a week early.

Bottom line was a 5S 32 gig for $149 on a new 2 year contract, same plan, as my wife is still on the old 2 year.

In theory I can trade in my 4S for $100, so this was a no brainer

I guess that it all depends on the store. I was due for an upgrade April 1st this year, and went to a Verizon store in Edmond to upgrade to a 32 Gb 5c February 15th. Wasss expecting to have to pay a little extra for the early upgrade, but didn't. All I had to pay was the $30 upgrade fee, plus the $199 for the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've been checking my update date and only yesterday noticed it had changed to allow an early upgrade, thus the order placed online.

It would have meant a mail-in rebate if done at the store, so something like $299 then wait for the rebate check.