What's new

iPhone 3GS locked

marcelorez

Reaction score
First of all, sorry for the English, but it is by Google.

Guys, I researched a lot before posting, so here qto in other forums.

I've got an iPhone 3GS, which he resumed after a call and had problems. No boot it hangs at the apple screen, but now when at the end of this process, with the hourglass (it is locked, see here: http://goo.gl/zddPx), so that in an attempt to restore by itunes, put it detects and sends the password, but the 're locked screen.

He was 4x or 5x (do not know if my ex-wife - who is the owner of the device - upgrade to 5x), but without JB.

I've tried everything (I'm not expert, but I have done many JB in some iPhones and iPads, others recovered, but this're complicated): tried to JB with redsn0w, custom ipsw restore through iTunes, restore and update (for 6) at iTunes I tried to get in and out Tiny fixmode, iRIB and with nothing ...

He even recognized by the software (except the absinthe), itunes, go into DFU. By redsn0w, try to boot, but hang at the checkered red.

Errors have been different from iTunes (11, 14, 1601, 3194).

I've tried editing the host tb restore, but nothing.

Some light?

What firmware are you trying to restore to...? ios6.0 or ios5.1.1 ?

The only firmware you can restore to at this time iOS 6, as Apple is no longer signing ios5.1.1. The error 3194 that you mentioned is one that you get when trying to restore to a firmware that Apple is no longer signing.

Last edited:
I've tried to restore the following firmwares:

5.1.1 custom

But with none of them was possible. Always results in an error, both in iTunes and in Redsn0w.

To restore to 5.1.1 firmware you will need your SHSH files....

Hello Bula.

I tried too, but did not work, they will lock when restart.

I read on another forum that might try to take the battery, leave it out a few minutes, put it back and try to do the restore.

They think that could work?

Bula said:
To restore to 5.1.1 firmware you will need your SHSH files....

It won't work. If you are on iOS 6, there is currently no way to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1.

I'm not on ios 6 still. As I said at the beginning there, had left with the 4x and maybe my ex-wife has upgraded to a maximum of 5x, but without jailbreak.

Have had this procedure done, but remade again (downloading all the files again etc.), However, did not work.

I tried with iOS6, error 1601.

What is strange is the behavior of the device. I plugged it in and he started out the boot and opened iTunes. While still at the apple screen at iTunes let me access it, backup, and access the applications menu (all with the iPhone on the apple screen), only then he caught on iTunes (it was all gray, disabled) and iPhone still the apple on the screen, caught with the hourglass.

Yesterday, I removed the battery, left a time without it (over an hour), when connected again, I tried to restore but it gave error, but in one of the attempts to boot, he called and was connected and operating for a long time, but when I put the SIMM he crashed. I'm beginning to think that is hardware problem.

I have another battery, I'm thinking of replacing it, what do you think?

Only the level of information in case anyone has the same problem: solved changing the battery. After the exchange (for a used inclusive), without locking the phone started, and in its first boot, iTunes recognized and allowed to upgrade to iOS 6. There were some errors in the update process, restore the backup, but at the end of the process (with some crashes and bugs) could recover the device, confirming my theory that it could be a hardware issue and not software.

The device is connected since yesterday, I installed several apps, synchronized sometimes used GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G, pulled and put the SIM of different operators, rebooted the machine, and so far, not fought over.

That's it, thank you to those who try to help.

Moderation can close the topic.

hugs,