What's new

iphone 3gs odd restore and recovery issues

DreamDevil

Reaction score
ok i have an iphone 3gs new boot-rom, that i have gotten from a friend because he says that it just stoped working for him, well when i get the phone it will not boot pass the apple boot logo. At first thought i was thinking that maybe he tried to jailbreak and messed something up. well i booted it up use redsn0w 9.10b3 (all of the others keep closing out). while im useing the phone and trying to find out what the os is it reboots. since then i have not been able to get this thing to restore to any version of ios (not even 4.1). When i do try to restore to 4.1 i get error 28. after trying to restore to 5.1.1 it gives error -1 and is stuck at recovery screen. I am useing an apple 3gs cable and it works great with my other 2 iphones. Itunes is up to date also. any help to get this thing back on would great....thanks in advance..

sure did that just took me to the recovery screen with no way out ive tried em all (recboot, redsn0w, ......)

Last edited:
use redsnow and put custom ios version to make it boot. than you can work on it.

can someone pls tell me how to stop redsn0w from force closing?

DreamDevil said:
can someone pls tell me how to stop redsn0w from force closing?

What do you mean force closing?

It's crashing on you?

If so, then make sure you are running as administrator.

Also make sure you drag the "redsn0w.exe" to your desktop...that way you actually can right click and click "Run as administrator".

do you mean to click just boot after loading a custom build in redsn0w?
Download custom ipsw (like from here, or just google it), in redsnow go to extras,shsh blobs,stitch
then extras,pwned dfu, and then just use itunes.

and i cant get anything to install via itunes because it keeps giveing me error -1 when done and anything within version 4-4.3.5 gives erro 28 even if its custom build

Last edited: