What's new

iPhone 3G not working after fall

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm the local phone tech here in my town and my buddy recently brought me an iPhone 3G that was dropped and no longer works. It just seems as if the phone is dead, or what I call "system shock". This might not be the case however, as I have not throughly inspected the phones internals (can't get it open due to screen spidering)

Was wondering if anyone knew of a quick fix to get the phone booted to test, and see what/if anything is really wrong with it, as--short of swapping out all the internals of the phone--this one has me stumped.

Cheers!

FB

Report:

I've opened up and inspected the phone finally, and can find no major causes of this problem. plugging it into a charger or computer however does not solve any issues. I am wondering if this is now the LCD screen inside the phone, the battery, or both. Does anyone know if a screen or battery from an older ipod touch will work in the 3G? I have one, and they both work fine.

Cheers.

FB

Have you connected to the iTunes in your computer? If iTunes detects your iPhone so just don't worry and restore it. It would be all fine . If doesn't detect press home+power button and leave power button after 10 sec and keep pressing home button. Hope it would make your iPhone detected with iTunes . If it doesn't work your hardware broken. You can find apple store on apple.com.
Good luck !!