What's new

itunes won't recognize iphone 3g

johnnyhcakes

Reaction score
I know everyone has posted this, but nothing has worked for me so far. I'm going to give all info and hopefully someone will know what is going on. I just want to update music on my iphone.

I have an iphone 3G with operating sytem version 4.1 (8B117)
I was able to connect to my computer just fine and itunes recognized my phone.
Once I updated my itunes to the latest version 10.2.1, yesterday March, 24th 2011, my phone is still recognized by my pc running windows xp with the service pack 3, but itunes no longer recognizes my iphone so that I cannot update any new software to it (version 4.2) or get it to sync or anything to itunes. Does anyone recognize this particular problem/bug?
How can I get itunes to recognize my phone again? Help?
Frustrated.

Ok, so I had to post this because I didn't get any help anywhere, and I hope that my experience will help others. I can't tell you how many times I tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes to see if that helped. No. What I finally did out of frustration, is removed everything apple related from my pc: itunes, safari, quicktime, apple application support, apple mobile device support, apple software update, bonjour, and mobileme. Then I reinstalled itunes. Finally itunes recognized my iphone, and I didn't lose any of my music. Hope this helps everyone who has had a similar problem running windows xp.