What's new

Iphone 3g problem

Fritz001

Reaction score
So having talked my mate into letting me jailbreak his Iphone 3g (It's easy i said and the phone is so much better jailbroken) he finally let me have it.

Before I tried to jailbreak I downloaded the ipsw (4.2.1 8C148 restore) from Iclarified and restored through Itunes. The progress bar on the phone went all the way to the end and then I got an error (1013 i think) and a message saying couldn't restore blah blah.

When i reconnected the iphone to try again I got a message saying itunes has detected a phone in recovery mode you have to restore before you can use it.

Anyway I left it for an hour or so meaning to return to it later and when I did the phone seems dead, black screen, doesn't want to turn on, and when I connect it to itunes i get nothing, itunes doesn't seem to recognise the phone is attached (it works fine still with my phone).

Now my wifes phone does this every so often and usually I just leave it for 24 hours for the battery to run down and when I reconnect it everything is fine (other than we then need to wait for it to charge and re boot etc,

I've left this phone for about 24 hours now but it's still dead.

Any ideas how I can get this back? I've tried putting it into dfu (?) mode, hold the power button, then home, then release power etc. but nothing seems to happen