What's new

IP4S Delivery

YAY!!!!1 my order has shipped via Fedex and I just tracked it and ETA is tomorrow by 3pm!!!! I am so excited!!!!! I hope the same for everyone here with their shipments!! keep us posted!!

Did you decide to go to the store and get it instead?

It's kind of complicated, but basically, it was going to end up coming in as a new line and new number on my account instead of an upgrade on my line (I'm the only line). Therefore, I wouldn't be able to just switch it to my line and use an upgrade, b/c it'll already be added onto another line. So I would have to return it and purchase another one regardless. That's the short version... it was my own fault for trying to do too much at one time on my account (also trying the Bionic).

I also haven't been charged a penny yet, and it sounds like a lot of people who are having it shipped have been charged.

According to my tracking info, mine's sitting at our main local sorting facility (Coppell if you see this Skull) as of 3:20 this morning... still saying delivery tomorrow though. Still not sure what's going to happen as I canceled this order, received confirmation it was canceled, and there are no signs of it coming into my account with Verizon... :confused:

Yeah that's the North Texas sorting facility. I live about 6 miles from it. They will deliver it tomorrow based on past experience with stuff going thru them.

jnt_ip said:
It's kind of complicated, but basically, it was going to end up coming in as a new line and new number on my account instead of an upgrade on my line (I'm the only line). Therefore, I wouldn't be able to just switch it to my line and use an upgrade, b/c it'll already be added onto another line. So I would have to return it and purchase another one regardless. That's the short version... it was my own fault for trying to do too much at one time on my account (also trying the Bionic).

Ah.. I see, being a little impatient or anxious to have the new iPhone when it comes out huh? I was about to go that route once, but reluctantly was informed by a rep what was really about to happen. I would really like to have the phone tomorrow, but I'll have to wait until December when I'm eligible for an upgrade.

Ah.. I see, being a little impatient or anxious to have the new iPhone when it comes out huh? I was about to go that route once, but reluctantly was informed by a rep what was really about to happen. I would really like to have the phone tomorrow, but I'll have to wait until December when I'm eligible for an upgrade.

Sort of - honestly, I just happened to be up when the preorders started, feeding our newest little one, and decided that's how I wanted to come back to Verizon. The problem was I also wanted to try the Bionic. I knew how the iPhone experience was going to be, nothing too different from the norm, besides Siri. So I wanted to try the Bionic first, so if need be I could use my 14 day exchange to go back to the iPhone. Unfortunately, they can't just say "hey you ordered this phone, so we'll treat that as your exchange when it comes in". That's the part that I didn't think through enough at 2 am while holding a baby in one hand and my laptop in the other! ;)

Nobody could actually tell me anything firm, and nobody could see the order attached with my account, but the consensus (between 3-4 reps and a manager) was that it would likely come in as an additional line, and it would be simpler to cancel it and just wait to get the iPhone in store. They claimed they would honor the 14 day period for me if the iPhone was out of stock until after that timeframe. So there's the longer version, and I have no idea what's going to happen if/when I get the phone tomorrow. Maybe the reps/manager were wrong, and it will just come as an upgrade.. who knows, though that seems unlikely.

jnt_ip said:
Sort of - honestly, I just happened to be up when the preorders started, feeding our newest little one, and decided that's how I wanted to come back to Verizon. The problem was I also wanted to try the Bionic. I knew how the iPhone experience was going to be, nothing too different from the norm, besides Siri. So I wanted to try the Bionic first, so if need be I could use my 14 day exchange to go back to the iPhone. Unfortunately, they can't just say "hey you ordered this phone, so we'll treat that as your exchange when it comes in". That's the part that I didn't think through enough at 2 am while holding a baby in one hand and my laptop in the other! ;)

Nobody could actually tell me anything firm, and nobody could see the order attached with my account, but the consensus (between 3-4 reps and a manager) was that it would likely come in as an additional line, and it would be simpler to cancel it and just wait to get the iPhone in store. They claimed they would honor the 14 day period for me if the iPhone was out of stock until after that timeframe. So there's the longer version, and I have no idea what's going to happen if/when I get the phone tomorrow. Maybe the reps/manager were wrong, and it will just come as an upgrade.. who knows, though that seems unlikely.

Have you used android before?

IPhone 4S pre-ordered on line from Apple.CA at 3:15 am on the 7th.

Got tracking info this morning; UPS, still in China, expected Canadian delivery Wednesday 19th.

Mmm, not quite going to make it for tomorrow the 14th :(

jnt may have more hours with Android than I do now.

lol, maybe so... though I don't know if that's worth bragging about...

I bought a new phone outright last year, and since then I've been playing the flip game a lot... Thanks to craigslist and swappa.com, I've been able to pay for new (or used "new") devices and stay off contract with little additional expense. Here is a list of the phones I've owned since Oct '09:

iPhone 3GS, Original Droid, HTC Droid Incredible, Motorola Droid X, LG Optimus V, Motorola Triumph, iPhone 4 somewhere in here, Samsung Focus (hey I had to at least try WP7!), Motorola Droid X2, HTC Droid Incredible 2, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Sensation 4G, and now I'm sitting on a spotless iPhone 4 I picked up on craigslist for $200 from a guy "Just trying to get rid of it", and a Bionic I bought outright...

I'll admit, with that last purchase, I used up my "phone flipping bucket". A lot of that activity happened before a few months ago, so I'm pretty much out of that cycle and just trying to find something to stick with long term on Verizon (Sensation 4G was T-mobile). If I go iPhone, I'll use my upgrade for the 4S. If I stay Android, I'll keep the Bionic, sell the i4, and then be off contract and therefore lured back to another Android phone in a few months (Prime or Droid HD maybe). I used to tinker a LOT with these, but I'm tired of that, and the endless cycle of variation among Android phones. Don't get me wrong, I love Android, but the sleek simplicity of Apple has a strong pull on me right now. Plus my pocketbook is used up!

For what it's worth, out of all of those phones, the I4, Sensation 4G, and Incredible 2 are probably three of the best phones I've owned. The Bionic is looking promising (Verizon's LTE network still has some bugs to work out, but is great when it works), but Moto is just clunky - albeit strong in some areas and very functional. But HTC does a much better job of appealing to the masses like Apple does.

There's .02 you didn't ask for...

jnt_ip said:
lol, maybe so... though I don't know if that's worth bragging about...

I bought a new phone outright last year, and since then I've been playing the flip game a lot... Thanks to craigslist and swappa.com, I've been able to pay for new (or used "new") devices and stay off contract with little additional expense. Here is a list of the phones I've owned since Oct '09:

iPhone 3GS, Original Droid, HTC Droid Incredible, Motorola Droid X, LG Optimus V, Motorola Triumph, iPhone 4 somewhere in here, Samsung Focus (hey I had to at least try WP7!), Motorola Droid X2, HTC Droid Incredible 2, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Sensation 4G, and now I'm sitting on a spotless iPhone 4 I picked up on craigslist for $200 from a guy "Just trying to get rid of it", and a Bionic I bought outright...

I'll admit, with that last purchase, I used up my "phone flipping bucket". A lot of that activity happened before a few months ago, so I'm pretty much out of that cycle and just trying to find something to stick with long term on Verizon (Sensation 4G was T-mobile). If I go iPhone, I'll use my upgrade for the 4S. If I stay Android, I'll keep the Bionic, sell the i4, and then be off contract and therefore lured back to another Android phone in a few months (Prime or Droid HD maybe). I used to tinker a LOT with these, but I'm tired of that, and the endless cycle of variation among Android phones. Don't get me wrong, I love Android, but the sleek simplicity of Apple has a strong pull on me right now. Plus my pocketbook is used up!

For what it's worth, out of all of those phones, the I4, Sensation 4G, and Incredible 2 are probably three of the best phones I've owned. The Bionic is looking promising (Verizon's LTE network still has some bugs to work out, but is great when it works), but Moto is just clunky - albeit strong in some areas and very functional. But HTC does a much better job of appealing to the masses like Apple does.

There's .02 you didn't ask for...

I agree, I have the HTC Inspire. I liked it, but like you said Apple's simplicity has a greater pull. I never intended to get an android phone, though I was sort of curious about them. I to have had several phones over the past few years, but my favorite was the i4. I can't wait until I get my hands on the 4S. I find Apple phones though restricted, much more reliable as far as software is concerned.

I agree, I have the HTC Inspire. I liked it, but like you said Apple's simplicity has a greater pull. I never intended to get an android phone, though I was sort of curious about them. I to have had several phones over the past few years, but my favorite was the i4. I can't wait until I get my hands on the 4S. I find Apple phones though restricted, much more reliable as far as software is concerned.

Yep, exactly... I'm all about reliability and stability now - not the most souped up 80% stable phone that can destroy the earth. I don't want some random force-close of the phone app due to an application conflict to occur when my wife is calling me to tell me something important (or not!).

If I can get this silly iCloud Control Panel to work, it'll be a no-brainer for me at this point...

jnt_ip said:
Yep, exactly... I'm all about reliability and stability now - not the most souped up 80% stable phone that can destroy the earth. I don't want some random force-close of the phone app due to an application conflict to occur when my wife is calling me to tell me something important (or not!).

If I can get this silly iCloud Control Panel to work, it'll be a no-brainer for me at this point...

Yes android does some wonderful things, but the unstable software and plethora of phone variation are frustrating. Nothing stays up to date, and it takes to long to get software support (updates). And there are many other things I could say, but that's not what this thread is about.

Plain and simple, I like iOS period.

Yeah that's the North Texas sorting facility. I live about 6 miles from it. They will deliver it tomorrow based on past experience with stuff going thru them.

Well it just updated... I'm really curious what's going to be in this package now, especially since it's a day early. $100 says it's something like a Verizon brochure or a "sorry you had to cancel your order, here's what else we have to offer!" note, rather than the actual phone.

Attachments

• $usps.jpg
    $usps.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 441
Well it just updated... I'm really curious what's going to be in this package now, especially since it's a day early. $100 says it's something like a Verizon brochure or a "sorry you had to cancel your order, here's what else we have to offer!" note, rather than the actual phone.

I am shocked that Frisco sorts past 8am and still puts it out on the truck. Dang I wish my city would do that.