What's new

Best Buy Beware

smudgeyjoe

Reaction score
I am an Apple nut who couldn't ever get an iPhone because my family was married to Sprint. At last, I can now be a real member of this forum. Until the Sprint 4S, I had an EVO Shift purchased from Best Buy. I bought the Buy Back program just in case so that I could trade back my phone for credit towards an iPhone if one became available before my upgrade did. Today, I went over to Best Buy an hour before it opened so I could be first in line for pre-orders, which I was. Trouble is, a pre-order at Apple is one thing; a pre-order at Best Buy is something very different, and not really a pre-order at all. As soon as they let us in, the first thing that we were told was that pre-ordering had no actual impact on getting the phone by the 14th. It guaranteed that you would get an iPhone by the 2nd shipment, though no one knew when that would be. This is in spite of the pre-sale agreement that says pre-orders will be fulfilled in the order they were received. If the first 10 people in line next Friday at 8:00 a.m. are people without pre-orders, they nonetheless get the first 10 phones. There is no real advantage to the pre-order, except to Best Buy. When you are a senior citizen such as I, sitting outside overnight in Denver, where nighttime lows are now in the upper 30's is not such a good thing. I am sad and disgruntled.

well sorry to say to late now to order from apple.com they are now out 1-2 weeks.However try to talk to a Radio shack store manager they are taking reservations ( cost you must buy a Radio shack 50 dollar gift card).They are taking preoorders now thru the 10th. I did this with the iphone 4 worked great.

Also you might have target store here they have RS inside the target store for cell phones.

Trido

I am an Apple nut who couldn't ever get an iPhone because my family was married to Sprint. At last, I can now be a real member of this forum. Until the Sprint 4S, I had an EVO Shift purchased from Best Buy. I bought the Buy Back program just in case so that I could trade back my phone for credit towards an iPhone if one became available before my upgrade did. Today, I went over to Best Buy an hour before it opened so I could be first in line for pre-orders, which I was. Trouble is, a pre-order at Apple is one thing; a pre-order at Best Buy is something very different, and not really a pre-order at all. As soon as they let us in, the first thing that we were told was that pre-ordering had no actual impact on getting the phone by the 14th. It guaranteed that you would get an iPhone by the 2nd shipment, though no one knew when that would be. This is in spite of the pre-sale agreement that says pre-orders will be fulfilled in the order they were received. If the first 10 people in line next Friday at 8:00 a.m. are people without pre-orders, they nonetheless get the first 10 phones. There is no real advantage to the pre-order, except to Best Buy. When you are a senior citizen such as I, sitting outside overnight in Denver, where nighttime lows are now in the upper 30's is not such a good thing. I am sad and disgruntled.

My experience with Best Buy was very different. I went to San Jose store on October 11 to order a Verizon phone. I was notified on 13th that I could pick it up on 14th. Had to make appointment to get it activated. I am sorry you had bad luck in Denver.