What's new

iPhone 4S Sold Out, With Shipping Estimates Already Slipping to 1-2 Weeks

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

AppleInsider is reporting today that a mere 24 hours after pre-orders kicked off for the iPhone 4s, Apple and some of its carrier partners have already sold out of initial stocks, with estimated delivery times slipping back from the October 14 launch to 1-2 weeks. According to AppleInsider, the new shipping times estimate for the iPhone 4S appeared on Apple’s Online Store early yesterday (Saturday), This follows on from AT&T’s announcement on Friday that it had already taken over 200,000 pre-orders for Apple’s new phone in 12 hours, representing a new company record.

Meanwhile, Verizon and Sprint have both also started taking pre-orders, with Apple’s newest iPhone partner Sprint announcing on Friday via its website that it has already sold out of its initial stock of 16GB iPhone 4S’ as far as pre-orders are concerned, according to Apple Insider, although Sprint says that it will still have the 16GB version to buy in stores on October 14. The 32GB and 64GB versions are both still available to pre-order on the Sprint website. As far as Verizon is concerned, its website indicates that it has already sold out of all iPhone 4Ss completely, with all versions now showing a “Deliver By” date of 10/21/11.

Source: AppleInsider | Archives

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre ordered my 4S on Friday morning with Orange & was told I would get a text every 5 days to keep me informed, but said it was likely I would receive it on or after 14th :)