What's new

iOS5 on iPhone 4

Ahson

Reaction score
hey there, i have an i4 (iOS 4.3.3), jailbroken.
should i upgrade to iOS 5, i mean does it effects the processing?? any flaws?? or would it lock my phone..??! (im from Pakistan)
& if you are sure i wouldn't restrict the services in Pakistan, Should i download it from iTunes (official) or the open links available on torrents etc....??!

Ahson said:
hey there, i have an i4 (iOS 4.3.3), jailbroken.
should i upgrade to iOS 5, i mean does it effects the processing?? any flaws?? or would it lock my phone..??! (im from Pakistan)
& if you are sure i wouldn't restrict the services in Pakistan, Should i download it from iTunes (official) or the open links available on torrents etc....??!

Hi. Is your iphone bought from abroad? If so, you need to do a careful and special process to update without locking it.

Let me know if its a foreign iphone and i will tell you.

iMarilina said:
Hi. Is your iphone bought from abroad? If so, you need to do a careful and special process to update without locking it.

Let me know if its a foreign iphone and i will tell you.

yeah, from UK....!! :/
please help

please help

Ok what is your baseband? (You can look it up if you go to settings - general - about - FIRMWARE VERSION).

Are you using a Gevey sim tray or ultrasn0w?

Don't worry I will give you step by step instructions, just need to know all. :)

please help

if you purchased the iphone from the uk apple store they come unlocked to work worldwide but some cydia jailbreak apps from 4.3.3 dont work on 5.0.1 but I would do it quick because apple are about to release ios 5.1 and then you wont be able to jailbreak at all or use 5.0.1

iMarilina said:
Ok what is your baseband? (You can look it up if you go to settings - general - about - FIRMWARE VERSION).

Are you using a Gevey sim tray or ultrasn0w?

Don't worry I will give you step by step instructions, just need to know all. :)

whats gevey sim tray or ultrasn0w?

not to mention my phone wasn't locked when i bought it n didnt required any unlock in Pakistan(no contury lock)

Unleashed said:
if you purchased the iphone from the uk apple store they come unlocked to work worldwide but some cydia jailbreak apps from 4.3.3 dont work on 5.0.1 but I would do it quick because apple are about to release ios 5.1 and then you wont be able to jailbreak at all or use 5.0.1

you sure..??!

Unleashed said:
500% sure... apple store uk sell them unlocked now. that is where I bought mine from and you can check at Apple (United Kingdom) and it explains that as well

i had jailbroke my phone, would it make a difference in updating or would it unjailbreak my phone when i update...??

Unleashed said:
500% sure... apple store uk sell them unlocked now. that is where I bought mine from and you can check at Apple (United Kingdom) and it explains that as well

should i do it in DFU mode...??!
and shoud i download the OS from iTunes...??!

When you update or restore it automatically removes any traces of the jailbreak but since there is a jailbreak for 5.0.1 you can use redsn0w to re jailbreak Dev-Team Blog

If you do a restore from a jailbroken device, you need to "set up as new" to remove traces from previous jailbreak and avoid issues.

If your phone is locked to a foreign carrier, you need to do a different procedure in updating (you need to create custom ipsw in order to avoid updating the baseband and re-locking the phone.

If you need help send me a pm.