What's new

iOS update

int

Reaction score
i have iOS 4.2.1,is it safe to use it or should i update to a newer version?? please point me some version that is compatible with redsn0w jailbreak tool,thanks.

It's safe to upgrade to 6.1.6. RedSn0w on 6.1.6 is a bit of a lengthy process but p0sixspwn has been updated to support 6.1.6 and is significantly faster as it's a Userland jailbreak. You can get it from www.p0sixspwn.com

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

It's safe to upgrade to 6.1.6. RedSn0w on 6.1.6 is a bit of a lengthy process but p0sixspwn has been updated to support 6.1.6 and is significantly faster as it's a Userland jailbreak. You can get it from www.p0sixspwn.com

"RedSn0w on 6.1.6 is a bit of a lengthy process" -- what do you mean? can you explain further?
does p0sixpwn cames with Cydia and its safe??
how can i protect from DROPOUT JEEP or other remote exploitation attempts?

should i update trough iTunes or custom firmware?

"RedSn0w on 6.1.6 is a bit of a lengthy process" -- what do you mean? can you explain further?
does p0sixpwn cames with Cydia and its safe??
how can i protect from DROPOUT JEEP or other remote exploitation attempts?

RedSn0w requires you to tethered jailbreak first, then installing the p0sixspwn package through Cydia. You'd have to download the IPSW and in some cases, users take as long as 20-30 minutes to jailbreak because they can't place their device into DFU mode or selecting the wrong IPSW. P0sixspwn is a 'one-click' jailbreak. Restore your device to 6.1.6 using iTunes, run P0sixspwn, click the Jailbreak button, and wait anywhere from 2 - 5+ minutes depending on computer speed, and you're done.

There's no way to protect yourself from DROPOUT_JEEP as long as your device has a carrier. Apple is the middle man standing between you and DROPOUT_JEEP.

if i upgrade to a newer version later can i downgrade? there is no such thing as apps to protect from attacks?

whats the difference between a Userland and a Kerneland jb?

Userland JB's use firmware exploits.
Not sure what you mean by kerneland jb though.
The DEV team has to find an exploit in the kernel to start with.. Which usually leads to a tethered jailbreak, if I'm not mistaken. Then once the kernel has been exploited, the DEV team finds exploits in the firmware to make a userland jb.

Could be wrong though. :/

updating to a newer version wont make difficult for exploitation?? if i update and dont like can i downgrade??

updating to a newer version wont make difficult for exploitation?? if i update and dont like can i downgrade??

iOS upgrades will always make exploitation more difficult, particularly if Apple specifically patched it (i.e. kernel exploits). You have an iPhone 3GS, which is last supported by 6.1.6.

according to this page Jailbreak iOS 6.1.6 Using Redsn0w and P0sixspwn
"Warning: If you depend on Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone, then DO NOT update to iOS 6.1.6."
i rely on ultrasn0w so i cant upload to iOS 6.1.6?? what is the latest version of iOS i can upload that supports ultrasn0w? atm im using a 3GS 4.2.1 custom firmware so i was unable to save SHSH blobs for later downgrade,what should i do?

according to this page Jailbreak iOS 6.1.6 Using Redsn0w and P0sixspwn
"Warning: If you depend on Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone, then DO NOT update to iOS 6.1.6."
i rely on ultrasn0w so i cant upload to iOS 6.1.6?? what is the latest version of iOS i can upload that supports ultrasn0w? atm im using a 3GS 4.2.1 custom firmware so i was unable to save SHSH blobs for later downgrade,what should i do?

Depends on what type of bootrom you have for your 3GS. Old bootrom 3GS's are compatible with UltraSn0w because of the bootrom exploit. New bootrom 3GS's are dependent on iOS 6.1.3 and below with a specifically flashed baseband.