What's new

Upgrading to 4.3.3 jailbreak

OneSmartBlackBoy

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

So, I got my iPod Touch a few months ago and I successfully jailbroke it with Greenpois0n for iOS version 4.2.1. Now I'm wondering if it's safe to use redsn0w to update the firmware to 4.3.3, and will all my apps and stuff still be there afterwards?

Also, when people talk about requiring an unlock or not, is that something that only applies to iPhones and not iPods?

Thanks.

Hello everyone.

So, I got my iPod Touch a few months ago and I successfully jailbroke it with Greenpois0n for iOS version 4.2.1. Now I'm wondering if it's safe to use redsn0w to update the firmware to 4.3.3, and will all my apps and stuff still be there afterwards?

Also, when people talk about requiring an unlock or not, is that something that only applies to iPhones and not iPods?

Thanks.

Unlock is only about sim cards. If your iPod is using a sim card and is lock to a carrier then maybe you will need an unlock to be ale to use another carrier aim card on it :) well you know that your iPod doesn't use any sim so don't worry about unlock.
As for iOS 4.3.3 you will want to first backup all your stuff using iTunes and then upgrade the iOS using iTunes as well. When the upgrade is done, get the latest version of redsnow and get the ipsw 4.3.3 and jailbreak your iDevice. Once jailbreak is done, you can restore your backup files.