What's new

iOS update

what r u talking about? there r some custom firmwares avaliable on the webs and iTunes accepts them without any problems....
i didnt manage yet to update iOS to a more recent version,the answers given here do not work..

Then by all means, download them and utilize them. Custom IPSWs in the true definition are unique to device, so even if you throw them on the web and download them, you can't use them. DFU IPSWs do not count as custom IPSWs, they're just re-packaged IPSWs. Sn0wBreeze stitched pre-modified IPSWs do not count as custom IPSWs either. Baseband preservation-only IPSWs that you find on the internet are made at the time when that iOS was the latest iOS. You cannot re-package an already re-packaged IPSW, so if you wanted to preserve your baseband while upgrading to an iOS that's not the latest iOS supported by Apple/iTunes, the ones you download from other sources will not work since they have no blobs/APTickets.

hi i managed to get blobs
---iphone2,1-5.x.x.shsh
---iphone2,1-6.x.xbGM

what should i do now??

Again, if you're restoring to 6.1.6 and preserving the baseband on your device, you don't need blobs. The latest iOS for the 3GS is 6.1.6. If you're restoring to the latest iOS on any device, regardless of whether you're preserving your baseband or not, you do not need blobs.

Again, if you're restoring to 6.1.6 and preserving the baseband on your device, you don't need blobs. The latest iOS for the 3GS is 6.1.6. If you're restoring to the latest iOS on any device, regardless of whether you're preserving your baseband or not, you do not need blobs.
how should i restore to 6.1.6? i want jailbreak with redsn0w is it possible?

Download the 6.1.6 IPSW for the 3GS. Go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the 6.1.6 clean IPSW. When prompted by RedSn0w to preserve the baseband, preserve your baseband. Let the restore take place. If you want to jailbreak using RedSn0w you'll have to download the 6.0 IPSW. If you use p0sixspwn, you'll just need the p0sixspwn tool

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

i get all kind of errors while trying to perform this operation,they are:
redsn0w allocate 233
missing keys.plist
transferring control to jailbreak stuck

how to solve this??