What's new

IOS 7 battery life

While overseas I used a Apotop DW-17 wifi rechargeable adapter not only can it recharge any phone but also handled the iPad. I achieved 15 hours on an iPhone 5 with GPS usage while walking in Hong Kong This device also can be used for streaming movies to several devices at the same time.
Finally great for backing up photos on the iPad via wifi hot spot or just view photos that are on a SDHD card or USB stick
That's good. Thanks for sharing!!

The battery life of my iPhone 5 is very bad, below 4 hours while walking around in the city, just using maps and Yelp. Is that normal after one year of usage? I wanted to test my battery, but found no app for that. Only found BatteryScore.com, but this app will be released in December. Any ideas?

Make a Genius Bar appt. I dropped my IP5 smack in the driveway (collective groan and wince). It was in a this plastic shell case and had a spigen glass screen protector. My pretty phone has a little chip on the frame now and I will be replacing in January (thank you Applecare +). I think it hit hard enough to loosen an antenna and give some occasional reception problems. Too late to say long story short except when I first had the accident, I stopped at the Apple Store and they gave it a quick check and noticed my battery life was almost 1/2 gone. The phone was 11 months old at the time. They said as soon as it slipped over the halfway life they would replace the battery as they consider that battery failure. So go have Apple test your phone's battery and see if your battery is failing. If its not, it could be your settings.

I got 5s last week... battery life is incredible good to my standards... about 10% per hour with everything on... except motion and LTE.... My 4s was about 15% - 16% and my wife's 5 is about 12% - 13% ... At this stage 43% left.. usage 5hrs 54 mins and standby 20hrs 56 mins..

I do use a Morphie battery case with my plain 5... I honestly do not have a problem with battery life and its rare for me to even have to switch the Morphie battery on... BUT I sure as the devil do not listen to any music or stream a lot of videos ...its a damn phone !

That said I most likely will go back to an Android phone IF apple does not do something to allow me to install a better keyboard .. That is my one major complaint with the iPhone.. otherwise it just plain works

Bob G

That's pretty good! I think my problems are caused by difficult connections in New York City!

I suggest u have to put your Apple phone on power saving mod.. It will be good for long time usage of battery...

Yes your correct well battery is also my common problem and i heard that their is some application about it for battery life saver.Well lately i am more focusing more on my iPhone security stuff in fact in Finland i experience some iPhone services or iphone huolto and i notice their different kind of silicon and other stuff that when you drop your phone accidentally it will not even break.

i used to have a galaxy note 2 and you could literally have the screen on all day long and you couldn't kill that battery. it has the longest battery life of any phone I've owned.

I did too. I loved that phone but sold it for the note 3. Note 3 had lots of bugs and problems so now I'm back on a 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk